Brake light wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I cracked open my hi mount brake light and put some led strips in that say they work on any auto electrical system. I tested the brake light with my pc power adapter and everything is working. When I tap into the vehicle wiring it doesnt work. I put the LED power to red wire and the LED negative to the white wire. Anyone know whats wrong? I tested with a voltmeter and it should work

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I cracked open my hi mount brake light and put some led strips in that say they work on any auto electrical system. I tested the brake light with my pc power adapter and everything is working. When I tap into the vehicle wiring it doesnt work. I put the LED power to red wire and the LED negative to the white wire. Anyone know whats wrong? I tested with a voltmeter and it should work

Hmmm not sure. Check the lights again. I have an LED third tail light that I had to wire up as well. Of course, mine was specifically made to be wired into the Jeep, so mine was easy, but perhaps the circuit in the LED strip is slightly different?

Latest posts

Members online