Bluetooth Audio...opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this?

Scosche IPBCK Bluetooth System

What do you think? I know it's a bit pricey, but it sounds like a good idea for long trips with buddies who each have their own iPod or portable mp3 player with them. Usually, I tell them all to keep burning CD's before a big trip, but there are always those unplanned, sudden trips where they have no chance to prepare a CD. Plus, I spend more time trying to teach them how to use the HU's remote; gets in the way of my driving. With this, each can take turns passing around that transmitter and do whatever.

Or I could go with a cheaper solution by having a long cord with a 3.5mm input jack sticking out somewhere and have them plug it into their headphone jack of the iPod. :-s

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

Problems are...

These are FM Modulator types (not best of quality).

Some of these are specifically designed only for iPod's. My buddies have portables like iRiver, iAudio, Shuffle, etc.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. My brother has one for his iPod *where I got the idea from* and it works very well. He hasn't had a problem with distortion and I actually just asked him after I posted the first time to make sure. His only problem is that he can only put it in his ash tray in his truck.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used the modulators before back in the portable CD player days. The sound quality to me wasn't as crisp and loud as the music on a cassette tape! (biggrin) Just thought I'd try something new.

Oh, and this would be great for portable DVD players, PSP's, and DMB cellphones! \:D/

I just can't get over the price, though! I'd better check out eBay. O:)
Update: Looks like I'm out of luck. No one likes to ship to APO addresses. ](*,)

zot72

Reaction score
I just wanted to add (concerning those FM modulators); they don't work so well in big (radio) markets where there aren't many free frequencies. Mind you, by this metric, Detroit is a big market, and even Saginaw is somewhat crowded. I had much better experiences with cheap cassette adapters than with the best (unwired) FM modulator I can find. YMMV.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
Update: Looks like I'm out of luck. No one likes to ship to APO addresses. ](*,)

What about having it shipped to someone's house or PO Box and then they turn around and send it to you?

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MikeD0106 said:
eddiev9 said:

What about having it shipped to someone's house or PO Box and then they turn around and send it to you?

I do that sometimes, but it's a hassle; more trouble than it's worth. Friends are too lazy or forget...or they ask for return favors, etc.

No worries, though. I always find a way. I'm still debating whether this thing will come in handy or not.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
There are rumors the next ipod will have internal bluetooth! that's what I have been waiting for (for the past 3 years) LOL.

Bennett