Blower Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the blower motor that sits on the passenger side right below the glove box? Mines making the noise of a small frog when you shut off the fan so it's going down the road of being replaced at some point. Can this be replaced without taking apart the dash or is that the daunting task I face?

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy. Just look at it from the floor up and you will know. Mine was replaced in minutes under the recall. I don't know what years the recall was for.

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the habit of keeping the fan at level 4 too, that does shortens the motor's longevity ... Now that i know it i tend to set it lower and adjust the heater instead ... :p

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
I was always told to bring the blower motor up to high then set it to a lower speed, this was supposed to help with longevity? Wether that was an old wives tale I don't know, but since I've started doing that I've never had a blower motor start whining from the bearings.:D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanx for the link Corwyn. I was looking at it again today and it did look like could be turned and dropped out. I didn't notice the electrical connection on the side until I read this and went back to look at it again. I'll find out how much the part is and then hopefully do this before I ship out for boot camp.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TYC GENERA Part # 700154
Can anyone tell me if that is the right part number for the blower motor? If so the price is really good on RockAuto.