Blend door actuator problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littleike

Reaction score
New to this forum

Hey all just bought a liberty for my youngest daughter. We have a few issues to work out, so I thought I would get on this forum. We belong to the wrangler forum for my middle daughter, jeep forum for my other daughters patriot. I also belong to the cummins forum for my truck. I often turn to these to help figure out issues and offer suggestions if I can. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

The problem is it is overheating after a short highway drive it seems to be fine for local driving. Also they said the heater core and water pump were recently replaced. Ever since the temp controller is reversed blue is hot and red is cold??? Would the blend door actuator cause this if it faulty. Is there any way they could have hooked the lines up wrong on the core and would that cause an overheating problem? I pulled the radiator today found a small hole in it by the bottom inlet. There doesn't seem to be any milky residue on the oil cap or bubbles on the dip stick, thinking head gasket is still good.

Last edited: