Blacked Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? clear turn signals? I think it would make a huge difference. I really liked when I did mine.
ok scratch hood :)

Well, it's all just personal preference. I think I showed you my old truck, I'm kinda up on the scene more than most...and clear lights are going out. I just like the OEM look, clean and classy, rather than fogged up cheap lights. No offence to you at all, it's just my opinion.

For example, I think the silverados lights look much better than the s-10:

You must be registered for see images attach

Or you can see the NBS, very nice without clears. And the old ratty one with clears in the background:

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's all about personal preference. I used to show an 'ol lowrider I had a couple years back. I'm savvy to the show scene myself. I like the black rims, I'm lookin into some black Cragars myself. Your Libby looks sharp in my opinion. I just gotta say, I have clear signal lenses and aftermarket tail lights on my Jeep, and it's FAAAAAR from ricer-ish looking. My other vehicle is a Camaro, so you can imagine i'm pretty anti-ricer. But ya know, everyone has different views so........

Anyway, lookin forward to seeing future updates! I love black Libertys.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black on black looks good, especially with the polished lip. Nice simple look, not tacky at all. 22's almost seem a little big, wonder what 20's would look like.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

Nice wheels and a nice Jeep.
Ya know... Air bag suspension would look totally killer on the KJ!
Pull up at a burger joint on Friday night when all the other cool rides
are out cruisin round and park and drop it on it's bump stops! Slammed!

Right on brother

Ryan

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The black on black looks good, especially with the polished lip. Nice simple look, not tacky at all. 22's almost seem a little big, wonder what 20's would look like.

holy crap, I kept thinking they were 20's and was comparing the other day with another car.. I guess 20s would look great, there is another topic with 18s on grabbers, that looks awesome.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Debadged all eight badges :insane:, removed spare plastic cover on the rear bumper.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, you even took the Jeep badge on the hood!

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different

Not my particular style but I think it looks good ...

I've always felt that modifications are about personality / preferences - If this is what you like, than you made the right choice for you & that's what counts right?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got rid of these shortly after and bought bigger tires to go with his stock 16" rims and he lifted the jeep. He hasn't been around much.

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally stole my idea!

Only instead of gloss black, I want to to matte black, with matching powder-coated rims, only not oversized, like yours.

I still want the off-road ability.

But it doesn't look bad.

How's the turning radius with those though?
I know one thing I love about my KJ is it's tight turning radius.

03Freedom

Reaction score
i think it looks awesome...though I think it would look better with a spare on the back.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
wow thats the best looking street modded KJ i've ever seen!
I really like those rims on it! I'd definitely smoke the tail lights and front signals, tint the windows, and try to find something to do about the rear bumper where the spare went (don't know what though lol) but I don't know if I'd take the roof rack off, I think it might throw off the balance of the vehicle but idk maybe it'll look bad ass lol

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(blarg)

That wouldn't make it out of my driveway here most winters, and potholes? Many, if not all, of the kids with the little ricers around here have messed up at least one rim.

Please take the Trail Rated badge off it if your going to pimp it.

Sorry, doesn't do it for me at all.....

w8in4yurmom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with kb0nly. I love the rims but in my opinion you need to lower it.....alot and get slotted and vented brakes. Then and only I think you'd be done and it would look like a true street jeep. For now though imo i don't really like it. After your done it would be pretty b.a. though. I saw a bagged 95 grand cherokee with twenties around dover once and I loved it. You'd be the only one. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
(blarg)

That wouldn't make it out of my driveway here most winters, and potholes? Many, if not all, of the kids with the little ricers around here have messed up at least one rim.

Please take the Trail Rated badge off it if your going to pimp it.

Sorry, doesn't do it for me at all.....

haha to each his own!

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is cool from an artistic standpoint. At least for a practicality standpoint you are better off than the street types with the longer travel suspension backing them up ;)
I have always liked two-tone rims, except when I had to refinish them for a living. Audi's and VW had a lot of them. Ive always thought the smoke gray with polish face on the stock rims might look cool too.
The idea of custom is to be unique, so kudos and keep em rollin :)