Blacked Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw on some black 22" American Racing RT-S this afternoon. Pictures are pretty bad, I'll have better ones when it gets nicer. Future plans are tinted tails and windows. I'd like to say it has came long way. I know this isn't the way the majority of yourlike your Jeeps, but just bare with me :D . It's not the average tacky chrome pieces everywhere, like something out of a Lund catalogue. I'm buying offroad tires for the stock rims during the winter months.

Flame away:

You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good,the black rims look alot better than chrome one's by far.It's your KJ do as you please.It's not cup of tea(those pesky boulders get in my way to the mall) but it does look good.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said over at Lost, this is the best oversized rims I have ever seen on a KJ, and with black KJ, once you get the tails and tinted windows and got rid of roof rack, this will look even better.

Keep us posted, how about that close up turned wheel picture you promised? did you get that pinch bent yet? And how about fabricating something to cover that rear bumper where you removed the spare. It looks odd.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, If you are making the payments, then you can put any rims and tires on it you wish. No flames from me. Just not the tire/wheel combo I normally see on a Jeep.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, If you are making the payments, then you can put any rims and tires on it you wish. No flames from me. Just not the tire/wheel combo I normally see on a Jeep.

Dave

Davey not Likey?? :cool:
Before someone asks, he did $2k on above trick, and well worth it!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davey not Likey?? :cool:
Before someone asks, he did $2k on above trick, and well worth it!

OMG...........I know the're not cheap but 2k=ARB rear and TT front + beer=party.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that expensive. Remember the American Racing DEJ wheels I posted, they were 925 for the 5, plus new rubbers, it is almost there. So for this kind of a setup, I think it is fine. Also he said on another topic that he is getting A/T tires for stock rims to swap in the winter.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice wheels, but on the wrong vehicle. It just doesn't do it for me....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that expensive. Remember the American Racing DEJ wheels I posted, they were 925 for the 5, plus new rubbers, it is almost there. So for this kind of a setup, I think it is fine. Also he said on another topic that he is getting A/T tires for stock rims to swap in the winter.

Yea, I know. Any set of decent rims and tires are $$$$$. I really like the ones you posted. But sometimes I think just plain black steel Cragers and a good set of tires are the most awsome. And the Cragers are cheap compared to most rims. I guess I'm just a plain guy even though I got those chrome plated rims on mine. Sometimes the shine gets to me and I have to run them in the mud.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in search for better wheels locally, where I can easily pick up and even have them try fitting them on my KJ. Shipping rims is crazy expensive!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in search for better wheels locally, where I can easily pick up and even have them try fitting them on my KJ. Shipping rims is crazy expensive!

There must be places down near you where you can get rims.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I asked a few of them, said they don't have it, and if I wanted to buy some they would have to special order them, and I still have to pay for shipping.. Let's not steal his topic.. Let me post back on my topic.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Donnie...........didn't mean to steal your topic.

Dave

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. I'm working on the mods that need to be done, just don't know how far I want to take this one.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you took the biggest distance already, now the rest would only comment the wheels. Just make sure when you put the stockers they don't look odd. Otherwise waiting on that clear turn signals, tint and blacked out tails. :) All relatively cheap but big difference in looks. Fabricating a hood with air vent would look great, though.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you took the biggest distance already, now the rest would only comment the wheels. Just make sure when you put the stockers they don't look odd. Otherwise waiting on that clear turn signals, tint and blacked out tails. :) All relatively cheap but big difference in looks. Fabricating a hood with air vent would look great, though.

No clears or hood, that stuff belongs on a civic :). The tint and blacked out tails will be done as soon as I start my new job.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? clear turn signals? I think it would make a huge difference. I really liked when I did mine.
ok scratch hood :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? clear turn signals? I think it would make a huge difference. I really liked when I did mine.

Clear turn signals look really good on blue or especially a black KJ.

I'd pass on the hood scratch............but it's too late as I have one already. But I got it for free..........

Dave

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, it's all just personal preference. I think I showed you my old truck, I'm kinda up on the scene more than most...and clear lights are going out. I just like the OEM look, clean and classy, rather than fogged up cheap lights. No offence to you at all, it's just my opinion.

For example, I think the silverados lights look much better than the s-10: