BJ Recall: Do YOU think these joints are good?

Do you think these ball joints are good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I drink Moog kool-aid.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a tech they are the exact same ball joint. They just have a better seal to prevent water from entering. So who know. Glad I put my MOOGs in along time ago.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't vote. My answer would be "I don't know"

But now I have new lbj's and time will tell.

The dealer told me that they were an up-graded part. I looked and noticed that the color of the boot was different. Anyway, I hope they didn't just change the boot color.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I'm also gonna say I don't know

Still too early to tell for me...as i've only had them in all of what, 3 days?

I like the change in the performance of the steering these new ones give....didn't realize my old ones were that shot.

I certainly hope this is last time i'm going through this...don't want to have to go through all that bull crap again....although i'm switching dealers after this latest incident.

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Eddo...

Eddo said:
I was told by a tech they are the exact same ball joint. They just have a better seal to prevent water from entering. So who know. Glad I put my MOOGs in along time ago.

Eddo, was the tech talking about the DC replacement LBJ seals or the Moog K3199's? I've heard the Moogs are Heavier Duty. Can't believe I'm having to replace BJ's on a "new" Jeep! Kinda miss that tough SFA.