Bigger tires 245-265-275

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BronxMopars

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 kit in my KJ and now its tire time. I would really like to run 265/70's has any one put that size on yet? Any problems? Rubbing, binding, trimming needed ect. Any info would be great.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BronxMopars said:
I have a 2.5 kit in my KJ and now its tire time. I would really like to run 265/70's has any one put that size on yet? Any problems? Rubbing, binding, trimming needed ect. Any info would be great.

The tire thread has all the imformation you could ever imagine abotu nearly every tire size taht has touched a rim.

Heres a link The tire thread

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2" BDS lift kit (almost 1 year).

To answer your specific question, I have had no problems running my 265/70/16 All Terrains. I have some very minor rubbing on the fog light cover/pinch weld at "full" turn. Nothing to worry about though, just rubs a nice little spot on the plastic fender wall.

PIC:
You must be registered for see images attach

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1.5"/2" lift and my 255/70's rub the fog light door and pinch weld(nothing im going to worry with though). They also rub alittle on the rear fenders when fully flexed, bumpstops will fix that though(which i have, just havent tested yet). I would say 265's would rub the rear really bad without trimming.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265s and full flex off road in 70 and 75s have been known to remove fender flares and resipe your tires. Some of the guys with 75s are on their 3rd set of flares.

BronxMopars

Reaction score
265-270-275's

I put BFG 265's and they just touch at full lock in drive and 3/4ish in reverse. I went in 2 or 3 circles and they rubbed a small hole above the fog light door other then that I love them the truck looks meaner and rides better I've had them on for about 1200 miles now.