Big feet. When braking, my foot hits the gas. Any else have this problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
One complaint Ive always had is how much the trans tunnel protrudes into the foot area... Never had an issue hitting the gas and brake though, and my brake pedal doesnt go to the floor.
That bit of bad design drives me crazy. I've average shoe size, but it I still haven't adapted to the weird bump leaning against my shoe.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I know about using neutral..:eek:
My 13.5 4E width feet+ boots make we want sometimes to remove the pedal.
Then place in a bench vise, heat it up and bend it, a half an inch + to the left !!
Nascar guys are well versed in adjusting brake pedal to fit individual drivers, with custom adapter, pedal.
Look at the wear pattern on the brake pedal, from when I'm mainly on the gas..

Attachments

• Brake Pedal Jeep.jpg
    Brake Pedal Jeep.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 7

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I know about using neutral..:eek:
My 13.5 4E width feet+ boots make we want sometimes to remove the pedal.
Then place in a bench vise, heat it up and bend it, a half an inch + to the left !!
Nascar guys are well versed in adjusting brake pedal to fit individual drivers, with custom adapter, pedal.
Look at the wear pattern on the brake pedal, from when I'm mainly on the gas..
Not a bad idea, might look at that myself

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
05 Jeep Liberty. New to me.

It feels like ever since I got this Jeep it's been one thing after another lol.

I had to brake hard the other day. And my Jeep kept going, despite me pressing the brake pedal to the floor. So I hard to swerve to avoid the car that stopped for a cat.

When trying to figure out this problem, I realized my foot was hitting the brake, sure, but because I have such big ****** feet, it also hit the gas as well. I believe this is a function of two things, at least for me. 1, the gas pedal is too close to the brake, and 2., the metal frame below the console area, juts out into the driver (and passenger) side too much, tucking the gas pedal into a corner. As such, I have to place both my feet and my knee in a weird angle just to reach that pedal.

Any thoughts? I'm super tall, have the seat all the way back. Maybe need to install a mod to sit back further? Can I move the brake and / or the accelerator away from each other at least half an inch? Even if that means getting a tool and shaving down the length of both the pedals? Someone remove that frame below the console that rounds into the driver floorboard?

It's at a point now where I don't feel super safe going down hills or hitting the highway. On the streets / roads, where I can be very careful of how I hit the brake, it works. But when go in the "OMGWTF" moment going rather fast and just needed to hit the brake and pivot my foot to do so, it slips slightly onto the gas. Which is an issue.
Yes!!!! Happens all the time and I hate it. I am 6'5 with a shoe size 15 and several times I have almost rear ended a car at a red light trying to stop, and as I'm slowing down I hit the gas pedal! Aggravating...

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Size 13 here— I’ve done it a few times, and could do it in the Outback as well.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only a size 12, but my right foot is mostly numb due to a low back issue, makes me a bit clumsy at times.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.