Best/worst mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the title says. What is or has been your best mod? And worse if there is one!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Best mod(s)??
A) Moving up to the JBA Adjustable Coilovers
B) After market bumpers/Regearing etc
Worst mod???
On the KJ none, did all of my worst mods on Jeeps and Fords back in the 70s :roflbow: Now I know better

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best mod(s)??
A) Moving up to the JBA Adjustable Coilovers
B) After market bumpers/Regearing etc
Worst mod???
On the KJ none, did all of my worst mods on Jeeps and Fords back in the 70s :roflbow: Now I know better

Come on now. With today's technology and twice the useless mods out there you haven't been sucked into something stupid lately? Lol

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Worst: Shortly after getting mine with 80k on it I changed the plugs (I use that term loosely: they were once spark plugs) to Bosch Platinum+4s. I guess I believed the propaganda at the time and wasn't viewing forums like this one. My gas mileage was pretty bad with the old plugs and was no better with the new ones maybe 13-14mpgs highway. A month ago I changed to the NGKs and I'm getting over 15 mpg (80% city) and my idle has never been so smooth.

I ran the +4s for 80k. What a waste. Probably never realized they weren't that great since I was comparing them to plugs with the ground electrode burned back to the bend.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Come on now. With today's technology and twice the useless mods out there you haven't been sucked into something stupid lately? Lol

Nope I let others do it and sit back and watch the foolishness :emotions33:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best Mod:

1. The ones that work.

Worst Mod:

See the equation (1. times its inverse) or (1. x "whatthehellwasIthinking")

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So far, I have had the most practical use from the fog lights I installed. They really make a difference. The roof rack and CB radio will get used on a few trips this spring and summer, if all goes as planned.

Best mod I haven't done yet is a lift and some nice armor. Need to nail down that IT job first. ;)

The worst mods are the ones I didn't do, thank goodness. When I first bought the Jeep last May I spent a two-week flirtation with all the shiny chrome crap I would have ended up hating. Fortunately, I was broke at the time. Once I came here and saw the offroad potential of the Jeep I turned that idea around into practical and sturdy stuff to get me through the wilds. :whip:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beat - painted the stock wheels. I had the notorious Jeep clear coat peeling issue. Put it off because I was sure they were pitted and would take a lot of repair time. After stripping, sanding , etc. on the spare was amazed to see that the aluminum was fine. Repaint with Duplicolor in Granite gave a whole new look.

Worst - none, so far.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best so far- lifted it and bigger tires

Worst- interior under dash leds, sub and amp and hack job cai

Got rid of the cai after a few weeks since it was pointless and did nothing except endanger my engine

i dont use the sub or leds anymore so im selling the system for what i bought it for on sunday and getting rid of the leds eventually

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best so far- lifted it and bigger tires

Worst- interior under dash leds, sub and amp and hack job cai

Got rid of the cai after a few weeks since it was pointless and did nothing except endanger my engine

i dont use the sub or leds anymore so im selling the system for what i bought it for on sunday and getting rid of the leds eventually

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

I did the whole interior light thing. I liked it but not enough to do it again to the jeep.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online