Best rotors for KJ ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnakeS!

Reaction score
Going to be doings the brakes, curious on what brand and make of rotors would be my best choice?

Thanks!

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing fancy here. Stock-replacement cheap jobber stuff still manages to lock up the 4wheel discs without much effort. Rust beats out wear every time I've serviced the brakes anyways.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Napa Ultra Premium rotors work well. Adaptive one pads etc.
I recently installed Mopar semi-metallic pads in front, which offers very good stopping power.
56087[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• NapaRearBrakesComplete.jpg
    NapaRearBrakesComplete.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe Im ******* brakes but so far the stock rotors and napa premium rotors have warped on me. Thinking about trying ebc rotors next.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Im ******* brakes but so far the stock rotors and napa premium rotors have warped on me. Thinking about trying ebc rotors next.

I've warped the one set of fancy EBCs I had but had very good luck with the aforementioned Napa ultra premies. I did run some premium "professional grade" Raybestos rotors for one pad cycle and they were okay. I always change my rotors when I change the pads. Maybe a waste but even the good rotors are pretty cheap these days.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Must be, stock rotors on the 04 yet and no issues at all , many miles pulling loaded trailers etc first set had over 150,000 miles second set ( had them laying around so used them ) now over 70,000 miles no warpping

SnakeS!

Reaction score
The Napa Ultra Premium rotors work well. Adaptive one pads etc.
I recently installed Mopar semi-metallic pads in front, which offers very good stopping power.
56099[/ATTACH]"]

Alright thank you, I think the napa premiums seem to be the winner. will be going with those for sure

Attachments

• NapaRearBrakesComplete.jpg
    NapaRearBrakesComplete.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had cross drilled and slotted rotors on for 3 years. Just ordered new ones. They last longer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Street driven no use for drilled and slotted, race car yes.
12 years on only 2 sets of front stock mopars, rear still stock on my 04, and over 220,000 miles
2 sets of brake pads in that time, original and one set of replacements

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street driven no use for drilled and slotted, race car yes.

12 years on only 2 sets of front stock mopars, rear still stock on my 04, and over 220,000 miles

2 sets of brake pads in that time, original and one set of replacements

I drive in the country roads and hill areas. No city driving. Mainly highway and country roads. With the dumb witted drivers here in Toledo combined with the construction causes for heavy breaking even with 2 car length ahead of me. Some people here don't know how to drive. Plus those rotors have a better feel IMO.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive in the country roads and hill areas. No city driving. Mainly highway and country roads. With the dumb witted drivers here in Toledo combined with the construction causes for heavy breaking even with 2 car length ahead of me. Some people here don't know how to drive. Plus those rotors have a better feel IMO.

I believe I did not break in my first set of rotors in properly. Should've lasted longer without warping.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same here. My ultra premiums are trashed. The little metal plate on the back also broke off and shifted on 2/4 front pads so they squealed for quite some time...

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im only on my second set first set lasted 125-130k 3rd set of pads because the 2nd set were cheap ones which squealed and sucked so i replaced em way before they needed it

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Ya need to remember that I lived in Toledo almost ten years, then moved out to Swanton and back and forth around the area , ( actually bought the 04 right before we moved to the area in September of 04 , so it spent most of its life in the area and still never needed brakes but one set of replacements

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I did not break in my first set of rotors in properly. Should've lasted longer without warping.

Proper break in of your brakes is the key, sadly very few people actually know how nor do shops take the time to explain to customers.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had cross drilled and slotted rotors on for 3 years. Just ordered new ones. They last longer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cross drilled rotors are actually worse for braking performance,less metal ='s less braking.

The only reason drilled rotors came to be is from drag racing were every ounce counted in weight reduction.That is it,they drilled holes in the rotors to save weight.There is no other benefits period.The import idiots adopted them because they "look cool".

Slotted rotors can have a effect but unless your racing you also don't need them.Good way to trash pads on a daily driver.