Best quality engine rebuild kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdm5032c

Reaction score
I am trying to find out who makes the best quality engine rebuild kits for the 3.7 engine. Mine is a 2003. I don't want to have to worry about cheap quality parts failing. Also any recommendations on mods or anything else to do to this engine while I have it apart.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

I have had this Jeep for almost 10 years and plan on keeping for a while longer. Been a great Jeep.

Thanks again,

Tracy

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the heads machined. New valve seats and bigger valves can be installed at a machine shop. Have the block bored and honed(you will need oversized Pistons, rings, etc) have the crank machined as well as both cams and get whichever bearings the machine shop tells you to do. As far as everything else, get a whole new timing kit(including guides and tensioners) also, don't forget the 'lifter" bores on the block. Have those bored out also and get whichever lifters you need. A quality machine shop will tell you. Also get new water pump and oil pump and the oil pickup tube. You want to rebuild it yourself, might as well do it right and do some preventative stuff. If not, just get a standard rebuild kit that comes with all gaskets, rings lifters , etc. or you can just get a reman and definitely not worry about anything. Your choice. May be able to get a rebuild kit from jasper. Don't know. Got my reman installed by accurate engines in Michigan for 3800. New everything not a part reused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk