Best High Dollar and Low Dollar Mod You've Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavenbound

Reaction score
With so many people on this forum who have spent thousands of dollars and many many hours working on their Libertys, I thought it might be beneficial to me, and other newbies if the veterans would be willing to share their knowledge.

So here are the two questions I hope you'll be willing to answer:

1. What is the best single expensive (Over $500) modification you've made to your Liberty?

2. What is the best single inexpensive ($499 or less) modification you've made to your Liberty?

Go!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expensive by only $50 was getting new tires. General Grabber at2 $550 tax mounted out the door. Impoves on wet and dry pavement and ofcourse mud and snow.

Inexpensive was free for me just took alot of time. Painting the entire undercarriage front to back with a brush and a rattle can. I work at a hardware store and got the paint for free. Rust free is the way to be.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Single inexpensive. Custom HD rear springs ($350)

Single expensive. Has to be my front and rear OX lockers ($2,000+)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$$$$=JBA Ironman lift with JBA UCAs

$=4-pack practice hockey pucks from amazon.com

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Fogs which are still in process so far money spent, 350 for lamps, 70 for the switch, 17 for the relay new full rear wiring harness will be about 150 so grand total will be rougly $587 for the project not counting the expensive LED's I have in the brakes, rear fogs, and back up sections.

Mud Guards, 100 bucks.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High dollar(So far) - Tires, LT245/75/16C Mastercraft(Cooper) AXT's, basically a slight variant of the AT3

Low dollar - Don't think I'd call it a mod, more of a de-mod? Getting rid of the K&N CAI and getting a stock replacement air box for $50 ! Don't have to worry about hitting deep puddles anymore! Oh, and it came with a brand new filter straight from the parts yard :smoke2:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Fogs which are still in process so far money spent, 350 for lamps, 70 for the switch, 17 for the relay new full rear wiring harness will be about 150 so grand total will be rougly $587 for the project not counting the expensive LED's I have in the brakes, rear fogs, and back up sections.

Mud Guards, 100 bucks.

you SO need to do a complete how-to including part numbers and source URLs for this when you're done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Expensive,( high dollar) JBA coilover lift, RL front, rear bumper, RL roof rack , gears ( just a start of the list)
Least expensive ( low dollar) 5 MOABs after selling the tires that were on them they were free ( lots of others )

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Expensive: OME/Bilstein Lift, Warn M8000 winch+backbone
Inexpensive: Mopar skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink sliders

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most expensive, new crate engine because of my arrogance in "thinking" I knew what was wrong when I bought it, instead of actually checking.

Least expensive, home built rack.

Bob

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you SO need to do a complete how-to including part numbers and source URLs for this when you're done.

I can give part numbers, and you can get 99% of the parts off one website but the tail lamps themselves you're going to have the most pain like I had to go through and that is finding somebody over seas IE in Australia, or Europe or South Africa, Russia etc... who can get you the tail lamps from a salvage yard or if you're willing to pay triple what I did for the tail lamps from a dealership direct that will respond back to you and would ship.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best high dollar mod I did was lift and JBA rock sliders. Those things can take a beating!

Low was the rest of my skids. Invaluable.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't really gone mod happy on the old girl yet...

Cheapest mod I've done that I wouldn't do without? Window vent-shades. The in-channel ones. Freaking awesome.

As for high-dollar, pretty sure my lift will fill that niche when I get to it.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1.60 for LEDs in the front dome and a set of $10.00 Moog sway bar bushings.

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best low dollar mod - spent $15 on NGK spark plugs and put them in by myself (with the how to on this forum) and saved $212 from what the auto shop wanted to charge me.

Best high dollar - the lift kit I plan to purchase in the near future (within the next 3 weeks).

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best high dollar Lift kit (currently sitting in my closet until winter break)
Best low dollar Cooling fan hack (even added more relays to the PDC for this)