Before and after!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
KJ924 Where did you get your OME stuff ?
I havent found any store around here that sells it... Im thinking about getting them straight from them but the darn custom taxes might kill me ... If i can find some place in Canada ....

Hi Tigerclaws,
I bought this used lift off a guy over on L.O.S.T. last year. The kit was a Rusty's Off Road kit which had Rusty's springs, but the seller had OME shocks/struts which he ordered himself. Since then I bought a supposedly new set of OME front springs off of another guy on this forum, so now I have OME front springs/Rusty's rear springs, OME front and rear shocks- the rear shocks are the N132L's the long travel shocks( the good ones) these are the shocks Ryan ordered and never even put on his KJ.

If you order a Rusty's spring lift, that particular lift will come with front OME shock( just with a Rusty's sticker on them)and the Rusty brand rear shocks, I just happened to get lucky and got the rear OME shocks with my used kit.

Did I loose ya??? Here's a picture of what I got from Ryan last April for $ 475 US

This is the used kit from a fellow KJ 'r

You must be registered for see images attach

And I have a set of Daystar upper strut plates as well.

So all I need now is the Daystar poly pucks for the front and I will have the Frankenlift II Premium.

Keep scanning the for sale forums of this site and L.O.S.T. too, you might just grab yourself a deal.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thanks Ryan, red is not my fav color either, alot of bad luck associated with red vehicles, but I think I can make this one work.:D

Yeah, I had a very tweaked Mini that went like shit off a shovel.
But... It was Red and a total heat score!
Racked up over $1100.00 in speeding infractions alone one summer! :D
Then a "friend" wrote off a Volvo 745 wagon and a Toyota Crissida!
Oh well, I still have the engine, hell it was worth more money than the Mini it was bolted into!:D

But yeah, I like your ride!

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good ...I just put new procomp all terrains on mine ..I'm thinking about new rims but it seems like the stock 16 x 7 size selection is "slim" ... Can I go to a 16 x 8 without any hassle? Someone said I'd have to get different tires & it didn't sound / seem right to me

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good ...I just put new procomp all terrains on mine ..I'm thinking about new rims but it seems like the stock 16 x 7 size selection is "slim" ... Can I go to a 16 x 8 without any hassle? Someone said I'd have to get different tires & it didn't sound / seem right to me

I had 16x8 Moabs on mine, which a lot of people on here have on their KJ, with no issues. It all depends on the size of tire you are going to run on the 16x8's, and the back spacing of the rims used.

With 245/75/16 I had a slight rub on the front inner splash shield at the fog light access opening and pinch welds.

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all I need now is the Daystar poly pucks for the front and I will have the Frankenlift II Premium.

Do you have a part # for the daystar ploy pucks by chance?

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, now I know who this guy is.... ran into him a couple weeks ago when he caught me looking at his Jeep....
I hope you'll get rid of that pic with the grocery store soon.... it kinda goes with the KJ reputation if you know what I mean. Mind you, we're sitting above the rest in our part of town (bowdown)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ha Ha..Here ya go....this better?

This was up in Calabogie...Skeed Lake maybe?

Last edited:

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04kj

hey man i love those wheels, not bad on the black rims. just got inot an 04libby myself and was lookin for a better wheel choice. how bad did these wheels kill your MPG?? I'm lookin to go 30 or 31's on my stock 16x7's but can't do a lift yet...think the rub will be awful?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
hey man i love those wheels, not bad on the black rims. just got inot an 04libby myself and was lookin for a better wheel choice. how bad did these wheels kill your MPG?? I'm lookin to go 30 or 31's on my stock 16x7's but can't do a lift yet...think the rub will be awful?

I haven't calculated my MPG with these 31's, but I don't think it would be much different from the 245/75/16 tires I just took off of it.

If you are not lifted yet, then yes the rub will be awful. I had to pound the pinch welds over and still need to do some front plastic trimming to stop the rub and I am lifted about 3"...so 31's will probably not work out for you.

These 31x10.5x15 tires are actually 1" taller than my 245/75/16 BFG's I had on before.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good look. i hope to get a 2.5" lift before i throw on new tires cause gotta go big or go home right? 245/70R16 silent armors or BFG AT/TA/KO's maybe 235/75R15 bighorns or something. Apparently she's telling me that brakes are the first priority. :(

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
If you go the BFG route...then I suggest to NOT get the E rated tires, they are too heavy to run on the KJ . I had a set on mine for the last year and they were much too stiff on the sidewalls and gave a hard ride.