Before and after!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Got me some new meats and rims. What do you think?

31x10.5 Dayton Timberline MT's and 15x8 Soft 8's 4" BS The ride is so much better than the BFG's, it rides smooth on pot holes, doesn't skip the disc player anymore.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

Before

After

I will get some better pics tomorrow...I was hungry, as per the grocery store in the background. :p

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
This way with the 15" Cragar's I can get tires easier than with 16". I like the Moab wheels too, just makes better sense for me in the future. Around these parts, 15' mud tires are a dime a dozen. :p

Besides the black wheels will tie in with more changes to come.

I'm getting this rig ready for the trails, I've already been to the mall.........:p

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like you also did a good detail...it's so shiny!!!!! I've always liked those rims!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good with the soft 8's and mt's but I really like the moabs too.

What other mods were you planning?

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like you also did a good detail...it's so shiny!!!!! I've always liked those rims!!
I just ran it thru the touchless car wash down the street yesterday.

I have a line on a black grill guard, no mounting hardware though :mad:....want to tint the front d/p windows....and a Rola roof basket.

Have a set of KC's waiting to get installed.

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, the soft 8's look ten times better than the moabs. Think it is the black standing out so much against the red.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, the soft 8's look ten times better than the moabs. Think it is the black standing out so much against the red.

They are much cheaper if you ding a rock, or curb too.

Do you have a close up of how close your brake caliper is to the wheel? I've always been curious about the 15"s. How much did those 15" tires run?

I'm shopping for some T/A's like you had for the post-lift. might get my factory steels powder coated.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll try to get some tomorrow for ya Trey. I think the Cragar's are the best fit for the KJ concerning the calipers.

The biggest difference like I said was the ride quality between theses MT's and the BFG's. The ride from the BFG's was hard, then again they were the E rated tire, very heavy duty side walls....10 ply or something like that.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave , ever been here before??

Yea, been in Massena before but not to monroe muffler brake.......is that you behind the camera sightseeing??.......:D

Dave

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, on my way to Ogdensburg to pick up my rims from the UPS Store.

This is a great way for me to get stuff from the US, I just get it sent to UPS store and go pick it up. Now, I don't have to search for people who will ship to Canada.
Oh and the muffler shop wasn't the main focus of the pic...it's the water tower in the background. Every time I go on a road trip, I try to get the pics of the water towers to say "hey I've been there". :p

Last edited:

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ924 Where did you get your OME stuff ?
I havent found any store around here that sells it... Im thinking about getting them straight from them but the darn custom taxes might kill me ... If i can find some place in Canada ....