BCM Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveJ

Reaction score
I've got an 07 Liberty Limited that needs a bcm. The one I got out is a 37AH. I ordered one off Ebay that was an AE and was told it would work...it did not and I'm sending it back for a full refund. Does anyone know where I can find a compatibility chart or know what is compatible with a 37AH? The AE I got was $112 but for some reason a AH is almost $200. We have 2 pick and pulls in my area and neither one has an 07 Liberty. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you get yours repaired? Might be worth a look, that way you know it's the right one.

SteveJ

Reaction score
Can't you get yours repaired? Might be worth a look, that way you know it's the right one.
Idk. I probably could but I would have to send it out, wait on them to fix it and then wait on them to send it back. It's quicker just to get a new one...assuming it works.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Somewhere I read the letters on mopar part numbers represent updates. Any part with a higher letter should work for previous lower letter applications but not necessarily the other way. So any 37AH or 37AI or 37AJ (etc) should work for you. Experts are welcome to correct me because I are not one.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a very long story (and will be of no help to you anyway...) but I have a 2007 as well. After a break-in and attempted theft nearly nine years ago all that stuff had to be replaced. Ever since then my fog light switch has not worked properly and I get a chronic phantom TPMS alert every ten minutes. Been to three different Jeep dealers and they are clueless. (I think I know more about programming the machine than they do at this point.)

2007 was a transition year in preparation for the 2008-2012 KK model. You may have a mix of KJ and KK stuff in there which might make it hard to match up. I hope you are successful and if so would love to hear your followup story! :)

SteveJ

Reaction score
Somewhere I read the letters on mopar part numbers represent updates. Any part with a higher letter should work for previous lower letter applications but not necessarily the other way. So any 37AH or 37AI or 37AJ (etc) should work for you. Experts are welcome to correct me because I are not one.
I wish I would have known that last week. I drove 2 1/2 hours to Savannah LKQ because they had 2 07's there. One had a AG and the other was an AI. Guess which one I pulled. Yea, the AG. It matched up closer as far as accessories and shit to mine. I should have just pulled them both.

SteveJ

Reaction score
It is a very long story (and will be of no help to you anyway...) but I have a 2007 as well. After a break-in and attempted theft nearly nine years ago all that stuff had to be replaced. Ever since then my fog light switch has not worked properly and I get a chronic phantom TPMS alert every ten minutes. Been to three different Jeep dealers and they are clueless. (I think I know more about programming the machine than they do at this point.)

2007 was a transition year in preparation for the 2008-2012 KK model. You may have a mix of KJ and KK stuff in there which might make it hard to match up. I hope you are successful and if so would love to hear your followup story! :)
That ***** that happened. I didn't think of it having both years parts in it. I have a question though, where is the fog light switch? I have fog lights but have never been able to find a switch for them. I don't even know if they work.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Fog light switch is at the end of the stalk with the headlight switch. You pull it out to activate the fog lights. Except for me, now, since my fogs are always on when either the parking lights or headlights are on. (My switch now does nothing.)