BALL JOINT FAILURE INFO...PLEASE READ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t-tops

Reaction score
i just got back from the dealer after having my LBJs replaced. i checked jeep.com wednesday night and found that i should have recieved my letter in september. i called up a few dealers yesterday... the closest told me it would be a few weeks. the next dealer said they had a waiting list of over 160 people ahead of me. finally i called up jeep17 in paramus, nj and they told me to bring it in today for 8:30. i got there around 8, they took it right in, and i was back on the road by 9. great service, too. the guy replaced the battery in my remote free of charge too because he said the panic button wasn't working and the battery was on its way out. anyone in the ny/nj area not too far from route 17 should definitely check them out.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

A bit late, but I figured I would post this now,

On the 12th of March,2007, we brought out Liberty in for routine maintenance and some other servicing, and they ran the serial number to
determine if there were any outstanding recalls on this vehicle
and subsequently the ball joints were replaced under warranty.
(It amazes me that the previous owner hadn't tended to this, considering that it was a recall issue!)

Now, after the service, our Jeep drives awesome and is getting better fuel economy too boot!
Hell, they even washed the exterior, Armouralled and vacuumed the interior for us!

I would recommend this dealer to anyone living here or visiting our province!

Cheers
Ry'

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted my local Jeep dealer on February 27th about my recalls, and the receptionist told me that the parts were on back order, and it may be up to a month before they get here, and that I'll get a card in the mail when they come. I have recieved nothin so far....It's a lil frusterating....

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi there,

Yea, I've been hearing stories about long waits south of the border. And in one case... Well here, I'll copy and paste the original message from the news group:

"I know there are some of you floating around with Liberty's that have been recalled because of lower ball joints that may fail.

This recall was announced on 8/1/06, and the recall began on 9/11/06. My wife did not get her recall notice until the middle of March, more then six months after the recall started.

I called my dealer to have the work done, and was told the earliest I could get it in was June 11, nine months after the start of a recall to fix a
problem that can lead to a collapse of the front end and lose of your
steering.

The recall notice says that if your dealer can not fix the defect within a
reasonable time to call NHTSA or go to their website and let them know.

To me, nine months is not reasonable. I filed a complaint against
Daimler Chrysler, and let my dealer know. They were glad I did, and wished others would do the same."

National Highway Traffic Safety Admin- 1-888-327-4236.

www.safercar.gov and file a safety defect complaint form, voicing your
concern about not getting this done in a reasonable time frame. ! And I get me head torn off on the newsgroup for making a similar statement as my previous post here on this forum.

Now, I've been asking fellow Liberty owners here on the street about their personal experiences with their local Chrysler/Jeep dealers and all so far have given a thumbs up too excellent service and have not had to wait to have the ball joint recall taken care of.
Mind you Some folks I spoke too who bought their Liberty second hand from private sellers or car lots never even heard of this recall and thought that I was ******** them. Can't win 'em all I guess!

Cheers

Ryan