Back Glass Support Ball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tinyejp

Reaction score
This 03 I've acquired has a few rusty spots. I've got it in the usual places, of course. 3rd brake light, washer nozzle, rockers near the rear wheels...

But this one is quite interesting. I thought it was strange that the ram on one side of the lift glass was missing, but didn't look very hard when I ordered up new supports. Upon attempting to install them, I found that the left side ball was gone! Just a little stub left, and all flaky, nasty cancer. The right isn't much better, and looks ready to go at any time.

Is there any way to replace these things? Maybe they are glued on and can be removed with heat and a piece of wire or something, similar to debadging...

Any ideas?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ball mount for the glass shocks broke off. I tired everything to glue it back on. Now im down to one and use vice grips to stop it from dropping down.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to replace entire glass. I had the same problem and found one from a local part out in great shape with good struts for $75.00. Check your local craigslist, if its like mine you'll find a half a dozen part outs. :icon_lol:

tinyejp

Reaction score
Thanks, fellows! That's kind of what I figured, but thought maybe there was an alternative. Have fun!