Back from my first road trip ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats one thing i hate is theres no molding around those back windows, when i scrape the ice off im always araid im going to scratch the paint.

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Thats one thing i hate is theres no molding around those back windows, when i scrape the ice off im always araid im going to scratch the paint.

Agreed! It makes it hard to use steel whool to clean them while washing the Jeep. Yes you can use steel whool to clean the windows and it wouln't hurt. As long as you use the finest kind (#0000, found in the paint dept of Home Depot or Lowes). Break one pad in half, put a little dawn or palmolive (or any other brand of liquid dish detergent) and wet the pad, then apply to wet windows, and hose off. Makes it SUPER easy to get the bugs and stuff off in the summer, and the deep down salt in the winter. You can also use it on the Headlights and Fogs, but Absolutely DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use it on your side mirrors. They will become scratched (person who told me this trick failed to mention that part, and now my side mirrors are scratched to the point it's noticeabley annoying.)

Also use it on the wipers (front and back) AFTER the windows, this takes all the crud right off of them and makes them work like new again. Then throw the pad away and dry your windows, and you got the cleanest KJ windows in town!

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hardest part of the install is making sure it's centered and striaght...i suggest another person for 2nd opinions on it being straight and centered

Just peel back about a quarter of the paper that covers the sticky back. Then line it up w/o touching the sticky portion. Once straight press down the sticky part. Double check alignment. If aligned pull off remaining paper. Works great for the Trail Rated badge too 8-[ .

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
the hardest part of the install is making sure it's centered and striaght...i suggest another person for 2nd opinions on it being straight and centered

Just peel back about a quarter of the paper that covers the sticky back. Then line it up w/o touching the sticky portion. Once straight press down the sticky part. Double check alignment. If aligned pull off remaining paper. Works great for the Trail Rated badge too 8-[ .

good tip.....

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Perhaps next time you see him, could you ask him why about 90% of KJ's have that plastic piece on the rear glass (the one to put your hands on to close the glass), and the other 10% don't? Mine DOES NOT and it drives me crazy every time I wash it and have to close the window.

Problem solved for around $10......

[edit] Whoops, missed the 2nd page of this thread! LMAO [/edit]
:)

-Blu

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
Does he like talking on message boards? I'd love to hear some of his stories!

As requested, I got my uncle on-board here. I was out again this weekend visiting him and told him about how everyone liked his stories I posted.

I got him signed-up (useid: jas1941). Be kind, he's new to bulletin board threaded discussions.

Latest posts

Members online