auto trans lines seeping fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed that one of my trans lines began leaking at the factory crimps, and no where else. It is the line that attaches to the cooler on the passenger side. What are my options.... can I just replace the section that is leaking, or do I need to replace the whole line. Also I am having a hard time locating a OEM replacement line. It is for a 07 jeep liberty sport. Any help is appreciated.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm,
I looked at it tonight and you can see where they unbolt from the cooler as a metal line, then it goes to a rubber hose for about 4-6" , and this is where it appears to be leaking, ant both ends, then it continues on a a hard line to the back of the trans. tonight I sprayed the area off with brake cleaner, to get it really clean, and I will look at it tomorrow after work. Any other suggestions anyone... and thanks for the reply RY.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, and after calling the dealership today, the lines are sold as a pair, and will run me $200, and to have them installed, ect. the total bill will run me $375., which I think is not bad actually.

Latest posts

Members online