ATH Fox Coilover Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntert98

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going down the road of a ATHFab style Fox coilover lift. Morgan plasma cut a set of the top plates and spring perches and Ive just welded them together.

These are the part numbers ive gathered so far:

Shock options (5" travel):
FOX-980-02-000 (Emulsion)
FOX-980-02-040 (Remote Res)
FOX-980-06-040 (Remote Res, LSC adjust)

Spring options (12", 500lb/in?):
KING: SPR25-12-500
Eibach: 1200.250.0500S

Im thinking ill go with the RR Fox shocks because they arnt that much more than the emulsion, but what is the LSC adjust?
Also, Morgan sent the parts a friend used, and he had his shocks revalved from stock (40/60) to 55/70 and it says "Fittings @ 3 and 9". I get what revalving is but what about fittings?
Think i should follow and get them revalved?

Any opinions on King vs Eibach springs?

Now for the clevis. I have heard that the older forged clevis is 3/8 shorter than the stamped ones, and the forged are nessesary for this lift. My 2008 has the forged ones, but I want to buy a new set so I can assemble this before removing parts from my jeep. Do i have to find forged KK clevis or can i ust KJ?

Thanks for any and all help! And hopfully I soon can now help you guys looking to do a coilover lift!;)

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most of us here are doing a coil over lift with OME springs and bilstein or OME shocks. But I am interested in your project sounds cool.

huntert98

Reaction score
I think most of us here are doing a coil over lift with OME springs and bilstein or OME shocks. But I am interested in your project sounds cool.
I currently have an OME lift like most others on here

The Fox coilover setup is a bit different, its similar to the JBA adjust-a-strut lift that features ride-height adjustable coilovers. Also the smaller diameter springs allow for more height without the spring hitting the control arm

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

huntert98

Reaction score
Im hoping I can get it to work, those images are credit to Morgan at ATHFab, he did this a while back

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
So I have an 08 and this seems to potentially be what I want to do as well. What are the plans for tire size and 4 link?

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
Plus extended rear sway bar links, and extended stabilizer bar plus ...........
I know there are a lot of parts needed for this project but it is the alley that I want to go down as well. This helps me get a part list.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of parts needed for this project but it is the alley that I want to go down as well. This helps me get a part list.
I fully understand what is needed
I run two JBA coilover adjustable lifts and have worked on KKs with the JBA as well
Just trying to help, but never mind , Ill be closed mouth about it

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
I fully understand what is needed
I run two JBA coilover adjustable lifts and have worked on KKs with the JBA as well
Just trying to help, but never mind , Ill be closed mouth about it
No don't do that my dude. You're actually the number one guy I get told to talk to about it.

timg

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going down the road of a ATHFab style Fox coilover lift. Morgan plasma cut a set of the top plates and spring perches and Ive just welded them together.

These are the part numbers ive gathered so far:

Shock options (5" travel):
FOX-980-02-000 (Emulsion)
FOX-980-02-040 (Remote Res)
FOX-980-06-040 (Remote Res, LSC adjust)

Spring options (12", 500lb/in?):
KING: SPR25-12-500
Eibach: 1200.250.0500S

Im thinking ill go with the RR Fox shocks because they arnt that much more than the emulsion, but what is the LSC adjust?
Also, Morgan sent the parts a friend used, and he had his shocks revalved from stock (40/60) to 55/70 and it says "Fittings @ 3 and 9". I get what revalving is but what about fittings?
Think i should follow and get them revalved?

Any opinions on King vs Eibach springs?

Now for the clevis. I have heard that the older forged clevis is 3/8 shorter than the stamped ones, and the forged are nessesary for this lift. My 2008 has the forged ones, but I want to buy a new set so I can assemble this before removing parts from my jeep. Do i have to find forged KK clevis or can i ust KJ?

Thanks for any and all help! And hopfully I soon can now help you guys looking to do a coilover lift!;)
I've got Eibach 1200.250.0600S springs on my fox 2.0s up front. Those are 600 lb rated, but I have the diesel, ARB bumper and winch. For a gasser you'd probably want to try the lighter springs. I have the remote reservoirs, tbh they were a little bit of a pain to mount and I was wishing for non-remote, but once mounted they are out of the way. The ride on them is really nice. When you clock the fittings you want them pointing to the rear, that's what the 3 & 9 mean (3 o clock and 9 o clock). I mounted my remotes behind the shock in the wheel well, so you want the drivers at 3 and passengers at 9.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.