Anyone with Ironman Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this lift for about 7-8k miles, no sagging except for the normal settling and all. Just wondering how everyones who has this lift if holding up and how many miles you have on it , problems you have had with it , what height you are currently at and anything else you want to add

Me
7-8k miles on lift
23 L/R rear
22.5 DF with 3/8" clevis
22.75 PF with 1/4" clevis
1/4" top plates
1 extra rear iso per side in back

no real major problems, some intermittent knocking from rear shocks ...seems to have went away during the summer.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not looking to purchase, already have it. Just wondering how people with them...like me.... are treating them/ holding up/performing

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not looking to purchase, already have it. Just wondering how people with them...like me.... are treating them/ holding up/performing

Ahh, I see
I wasn't sure on your question (should've read your signature)
I wanted to get the Ironman but they discontinued right when I was going to order
From what I've read, people were having clunking issues with the rear shocks I believe.. or something along those lines
That's the only complaint I think I saw from others with the lift

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The tester Ironman that I had and then installed on a friends KJ has been on there for several years now and many many thousands of miles
Will have to get with him and see how many
I did do a couple of tricks when I installed it but its still just right what it was back then , no issues what so ever

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tester Ironman that I had and then installed on a friends KJ has been on there for several years now and many many thousands of miles
Will have to get with him and see how many
I did do a couple of tricks when I installed it but its still just right what it was back then , no issues what so ever

Then what was the reason for discontinuation?

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious too why this didn't continue on production. Lack of people's interest and competition?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Then what was the reason for discontinuation?

Not enough sales I would assume
Same reason most all aftermarket spring/shock manufacturer's don't do more lifts for the KJ/KK. BDS's owner for example ( when I was up there for the BDS LIberty project) told me when I was up there the market for KJ/KK lifts was so small there was no reason to put any more time or energy into any kind of lift due to low profit margins.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just not enough sales i believe . Mine rides great and feels just as firm as ever with virtually no sag, but ive seen others complain of sagging and whatnot. I have the HD springs as well. Will be replacing with OME eventually but hopefully wont need to anytime soon.

care to share your tricks tom ??:gr_grin:

jeepjeepjeep

Reaction score
They are still available in Australia!

Jeep Cherokee KJ 2001-2006
JEEP014BKG Jeep Cherokee Liberty KJ 2001+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Gas Shocks
JEEP014BKG1 Jeep Cherokee Liberty KJ 2001+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Gas Shocks (Diesel)

Suspension Kits - Ironman 4x4

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are still available in Australia!

Jeep Cherokee KJ 2001-2006
JEEP014BKG Jeep Cherokee Liberty KJ 2001+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Gas Shocks
JEEP014BKG1 Jeep Cherokee Liberty KJ 2001+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Gas Shocks (Diesel)

Suspension Kits - Ironman 4x4

Yes just not enough interest here plus getting them through the distributor over here has always been somewhat of a hassle