Anyone modded the front seats to lay flat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s33d5

Reaction score
Hey,

On my 04 liberty I am gonna pull out the front seats later, and have a go at the metal on the side with a dremel to see if I can get it to lay flat (there's probably just something in the way stopping it going forward).

Anyone done this already and can give me some tips? Or just have a diagram of the mechanism?

I've seen it done on other cars, where they've just cut a chunk of metal out. I'm hoping it's the same here.

Thanks!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swap in a KK passengers front seat from the junkyard. They do lay flat. Should bolt right in.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
To have the any front seats to lay flat you would have to do away with the whole rear seat
so just rip out all the seats except drivers and there ya go
and its not as easy as taking a Dremel to them LOL

s33d5

Reaction score
To have the any front seats to lay flat you would have to do away with the whole rear seat
so just rip out all the seats except drivers and there ya go
and its not as easy as taking a Dremel to them LOL
I mean fold forward!

I don’t really even need them to lay flat, just lean forward a few inches is all.

Completely different car but I’m looking to just skip whatever is stopping the latch when it leans forward, like this: https://delicaforum.com/index.php?t...ront-passenger-seat-to-fold-forward-flat.994/

s33d5

Reaction score
Swap in a KK passengers front seat from the junkyard. They do lay flat. Should bolt right in.
Thanks, I’ll have a look! I’m hoping I can just hack a bit out to get them forward, like what I linked above. But if it doesn’t work out I’ll go get one

Last edited: