anyone got experience with a Wayfinder compass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
They look pretty slick to me, especially the new 7500. Does even more than the factory EVIC/OTIS...better compass, atomic clock, temp, etc. etc.. Anyone ever tried one out? For $130 seems like a bargain. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about here's their website:

www.wayfindercompass.com (you never would have guessed THAT would you!)

mf

hootal

Reaction score
Sounds to good to be true........So it probably is!

Phil T

Reaction score
I am looking at the Wayfinder also. I have a new 2006 Sport with the off road package. If anyone has experience with these let us know. Also where and how you mount it.

hootal

Reaction score
Click on mfj. link and go to get manual and download pdf file, will explain all................hoot

Phil T

Reaction score
FYI,

I picked up a Wayfinder V7000 at Camping World today. Cost was $99.00.

The install was very easy. I mounted it on the windshield near the left dash speaker grill. I ran the tempiture sensor through the fusebox, under the windshield molding and into the opening where the hood hinges go. Then along the inner fender and into the grill.

If I keep it, I may want to hardwire it into the fuse box.

I will give an update after I have used it a few days.

Phil T

Reaction score
After a week with the Wayfinder I do think I will keep it. It is a lot cheaper then the factory $400.00 information center and all it is missing is MPG.

I put the outdoor temp sensor behind the grill but notice the readings are way off when I park in the sun. I may need to try a different location.
Where is the factory sensor located?

The altimeter seems to vary a lot. I guess this is due to barometer changes. Do most altimeters act this way?

matt2wheels

Reaction score
Yeah that's normal for any altimeter...they have to be reset every time you start out, either by setting the altitude to a known value or the barometric pressure to a known value.

The stock air temp sensor is in front of the radiator. I think it's normal for them to be off when you park in the sun--my dad's Chevy pickup sometimes gets up to the 120's in the summer here. It's hot but not THAT hot.

I really like the 7500...and I have a birthday coming up...

mf