Anyone Familiar With A Bluetooth Phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question...I have 2 vehicles, installed a Motorola Bluetooh kit in the Ram and would also like to install one in the Liberty, but as I read the owners manual it seems to say that a bluetooth phone can only be paired with one vehicle at at time, trying to find out if this is true before ordering a second kit
Motorola was no help when I tried them

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Bob

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only be paired to one vehicle or device at any one time. However, you can have both profiles (cars) saved onto your phone. When you're connected to one car, the other car is obviously shut off. And vice versa. Its just a matter of 'connecting' to whichever car you're using when you power up the BT.
Besides, why would you want to be paired to both cars at the same time? Its not like you can drive both at the same time.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the phone storing info, and no I can't drive both at the same time, but I can alternate between vehicles, which I often do, and I did not want to go through removing and pairing each time I switch vehicles

Bob

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
u gotta be careful too....some verizon wireless phones dont have the profiles needed to communicate w/ the cars blue tooth (OBEX)

phones are
Moto e815
LG "V"
Moto V710

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes verizon intentionally disabled some bluetooth features. My v710 works find with the motorola car kit. I think the stuff that wont work is the car kits that displays who is calling.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Cingular and it works very well with the kit I installed in the Ram, I really like it and it's features, it does not display who is calling but it does announce the caller by name, since it does not have a disply, if I have it programmed in my phone or by telephone number for those not programmed

Bob