Anybody experienced rear collision accident after lifting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i say rear collision, i mean someone hit your rear bumper. I just realized my rear bumper sits as high as this (picture included)

You must be registered for see images attach

If a car hits me from the back, how would it turn out?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, PT Cruiser was towed away, Dodge Monaco was towed away, Dodge Charger , ................well it was towed away as well
Thank goodness for lifts, big butt bumpers, Kilby gas tank skid and 6 inch drop hitches
Bad part was never got a nickle out of any of them, only paint scratched
You must be registered for see images attach

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without putting ther 1000 bucks into a kilby and a tommudd bumper ... youd explode.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your spare tire will crumble the hell out of their hood. Probably kiss that plastic bumper cover goodbye and probably have to replace that wheel and tire on the back maybe. Just depends on how hard they hit you.

Your bumper appears to be about even with the headlights/Grill of the car you are parked next too so it's not that high up on a car, so you are a ways away from having to worry about the car flying underneath you or anything. I would say you have nothing more to worry about than what you would have if it was at the stock height. But again, depends on how fast they are going when they hit you, too.

Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your spare tire will crumble the hell out of their hood. Probably kiss that plastic bumper cover goodbye and probably have to replace that wheel and tire on the back maybe. Just depends on how hard they hit you.

Your bumper appears to be about even with the headlights/Grill of the car you are parked next too so it's not that high up on a car, so you are a ways away from having to worry about the car flying underneath you or anything. I would say you have nothing more to worry about than what you would have if it was at the stock height. But again, depends on how fast they are going when they hit you, too.

simply ... no .. youd explode.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how bout this .. looks like it might go right under.

Attachments

• eeeee.jpg
    eeeee.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 17

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol@picture. I recently did towing hitch recall, but doesn't look too helping in case of high speed collision.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
lol@picture. I recently did towing hitch recall, but doesn't look too helping in case of high speed collision.

High speed collision in any car could be bad, KJs are safe, period.
This whole hitch thing is a huge joke brought on by a few crybabies

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. I think all this started when a tractor-trailer going highway speed hit a stopped KJ, or something like that?

I had a lifted Bronco 11 years ago and got rear-ended by a Honda accord and he hit my trailer hitch square in the middle of his grill/hood and it went through his radiator and trashed his hood and he had to be towed, and I had no damage. I know it was not the KJ but a similar accident.

Dave

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave in detroit a pizza delivery lady got rear ended by a sunflower and her jeep exploded. literally she died... her family sued or is suing over the ordeal .

Latest posts

Members online