Antenna disconnected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birddog777

Reaction score
Previous owner took out the factory radio and put in a newer touch screen radio. Told me the antenna was disconected. Where would that be disconnected if I wanted to put the old factory radio back in? The new radio doesnt get radio reception from any stations.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cable for the radio antenna should still be there behind the radio, even if disconnected. Here is a photo of mine when I had the dash apart for a heater core repair. The radio antenna is the white circular connector on the bottom right.

You must be registered for see images attach

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an after market radio in our 08 limited. I don’t have any radio reception with it either. There is also a dedicated antenna power wire on mine. While you’re in there check 2x that its there and connected to new radio harness.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I highly recommend an aftermarket antenna and a booster. Use the dedicated antenna power line (if equipped) to power the booster. Otherwise clip it off.