KJ Antenna Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulpilotrmh

Reaction score
We have a 2006 KJ that I bought used a few years ago and it had the antenna mount snapped off in a carwash. I have bought a new antenna and mount and replaced the mount and cable using tutorials on the Internet. My problem, is the tutorial I followed is for a 2002 KJ that is a different setup under the dash and during the replacement I lost track of the female end of the antenna cable. If a 2006 KJ owner would trace their female end of the cable and let me know where I might find mine, It would be very much appreciated.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear that the tall whip was snapped off at the car wash.
Is the OEM antenna base still there? Some photos would help.
What brand of antenna did you purchase as replacement? There may be adapters available.
I believe on my 2004 KJ, the Male end of the cable plugs directly into the back of the radio.
I got rid of the tall whip, with base still intact, by using a shorter whip by anteannax.
https://antennax.com/i-24624552-antennax-oem-7-inch-antenna-for-jeep-liberty.html
Top right shows antenna connector.

Attachments

• Antenna X.jpg
    Antenna X.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Radio Jeep.jpg
    Radio Jeep.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 8