Another Recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I receive updates and info on Mycarstats.com. I don't have the amber side reflectors. Curious if anyone heard or received anything?

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 06E065000

Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING

Details: CERTAIN AJ MOTORSPORT COMBINATION LAMPS SOLD AS REPLACEMENT LAMPS FOR USE ON THE ABOVE LISTED PASSENGER VEHICLES. COMBINATION LAMPS NOT EQUIPPED WITH AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS FAIL TO CONFORM WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.

Consequence: LACK OF AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS IN THE LAMPS WILL DECREASE LIGHTING VISIBILITY TO OTHER DRIVERS AND MAY POSSIBLY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Corrective Action: AJ MOTORSPORT WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE LAMPS. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON JULY 31, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT AJ MOTORSPORT AT 626-618-2026.

Units Potentially Affected: 3593

Recall Initiated By: OVSC
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 07/17/2006

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil,

I think that is for the product of a third party manufacture of a Euro Style turn signal that doesn't meet DOT standards. Nothing DC here just replacement add on for KJ. There had been some other posts here or on L.O.S.T. where these things were not getting delivered lately and perhaps this is the reason why.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think as long as you use orange signal bulbs, you can use clear signal lenses. But each state differs. I have the clear lenses and orange bulbs, no problem here, (knock on wood)

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read the recall carefully it relates the recall to the lack of an amber side reflector. That is not a lamp but a REFLECTOR that is amber and reflects back the headlamp at the oncoming car in the dark if for some reason the amber lamp cannot be seen (Like when the turn signal is not blinking). And the recall is because the clear lamp housing does not conform to this Federal standard. While you may not have a problem with local authorities if you are using these kinds of turn signals they apparently are not legal to sell in the US based on this Federal standard, thus the recall.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
If you read the recall carefully it relates the recall to the lack of an amber side reflector. That is not a lamp but a REFLECTOR that is amber and reflects back the headlamp at the oncoming car in the dark if for some reason the amber lamp cannot be seen (Like when the turn signal is not blinking). And the recall is because the clear lamp housing does not conform to this Federal standard. While you may not have a problem with local authorities if you are using these kinds of turn signals they apparently are not legal to sell in the US based on this Federal standard, thus the recall.

I have the clear lenses on front also. A trip to the auto parts store for a pair of small, inexpensive stick on amber reflectors is my future. Just to play it safe. O:)