Another Lift Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Track bar -remove it/ loosen one end at least , not fun on a KK , KJs are so much easier for sure
Plus I have a 1927 right angle Sears drill
well maybe not 1927 but it one that has a all metal housing, 3/8 inch so I could start a hole with it , then finish reaming/drilling it out with my 1/2 inch drill

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have them. He didn't understand using a stock height shock with a lifted spring. He said once you compress it all the way down, it'd ride super stiff. ugh.
And they are a 4X4 shop
They have a lot to learn
one year and closed I would say

streetsnake

Reaction score
Okay. Update. Got the track bar drop, finished up drilling and installing hockey pucks...that was hard even for my 12 y.o. son's fingers. LOL. New problem. Ugh. So I purchased new end links and kind of ruined one of them trying to get it off. Then watched a video to actually show me how to take it off. I can seem to get it. I've sprayed it with anti-seize yesterday but still couldn't get it off. Any ideas? I'm guessing I may have to take it to a shop to have them torch it off. Also, I don't know if anyone is familiar with these new ones, they are Moogs. The dust boot tucks down on the inside. Is that correct or does it need to be popped out? I'm guessing its correct. LOL

streetsnake

Reaction score
I swear, if I ever have to become a mechanic, my family is going to starve. So my rear sway bar measures 22.4mm. Do I get the 22mm bushings or the 23mm. I'm guessing the 22 but want to make sure. ugh Nevermind...I just ordered the 22s for the front and back.

Last edited:

streetsnake

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why there looks to be two extra nuts for these. Also, does the washer go on the bushing toward the center of the KK?
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry can't think which way they go.
If that is a stock photo, many times you can not go by them
Now on parts like LBJs a lot of times they do have two or three different nuts

streetsnake

Reaction score
So I didn’t realize that the kk had tire pressure monitoring. My son wanted to take it to pick up dinner (even though I tried to refuse because it looks ridiculous lol), about 10 miles away. On the way back, the tire pressure light came on. Is this normal or maybe the pressure is actually low?? Thoughts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tire pressure monitoring, plus different size tires/pressure's, plus .........
I would of flat refused LOL

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn’t transfer over your TPMS’s to the new wheels, you’ll have to reprogram the ones in the new tires (if there are any) at a tire shop, or put a piece of tape over the tire light on the dash.

Tire pressures will be about the same, so that won’t cause any issues.

The TPMS light comes on 30 minutes (roughly) after it loses contact with a sensor. I know because I have sensors with dead batteries and the light always comes on at the same place in my commute. Actually there is a separate “ding” noise for each sensor it can’t read.

streetsnake

Reaction score
If you didn’t transfer over your TPMS’s to the new wheels, you’ll have to reprogram the ones in the new tires (if there are any) at a tire shop, or put a piece of tape over the tire light on the dash.

Tire pressures will be about the same, so that won’t cause any issues.

The TPMS light comes on 30 minutes (roughly) after it loses contact with a sensor. I know because I have sensors with dead batteries and the light always comes on at the same place in my commute. Actually there is a separate “ding” noise for each sensor it can’t read.
Where are tpms sensors located?

streetsnake

Reaction score
JBA UCA Installation: I'm looking over the directions and it mentions "opening up the UCA pockets". Is this needed with the 2.5" lift I am doing?

streetsnake

Reaction score
Ok. What do I do here? The ball joint just spins. Rrrr

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
JBA UCA Installation: I'm looking over the directions and it mentions "opening up the UCA pockets". Is this needed with the 2.5" lift I am doing?
Not necessary or advisable. Don’t do any cutting to the UCA pockets.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, that was the old way , before we knew better , opening them up will allow the arms to have too much down travel
Just take a ball peen hammer and start bending the areas in some
That will allow the UCAs to self clearance enough so gives a bit more but not enough to cause any issues

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. What do I do here? The ball joint just spins. Rrrr
I would try grabbing the bolt part that extends below the nut with some locking pliers while wrenching on the nut. If the bolt part is hexagonal (hard to tell from the photo) you could hold it steady with a wrench while unscrewing the nut. Penetrating oil would help, sprayed on an hour or more before trying to undo them, if they are super stuck (PB Blaster, Kroil, WD-40, etc.)

Latest posts

Members online