Another Antifreeze leak Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peverheart

Reaction score
This one has details.
2002 Liberty,3.7L,Tow Package. 88K miles
I have a pesky leak that is driving me crazy. At first, I thought the leak was a bad water pump. I changed that. Still drips.
From underneath, right above the rack and pinion boot, there is a leak that appears to be above the plastic thermostat hose connector. Above the thermostat inlet there are 2 heater hose?? fittings that screw into the block.
Has anyone ever seen these leak? like around the threads? or is there something else buried that might be leaking. I don't really think the block itself is cracked.

I can post a pic later tomorrow if it helps.
Thanks.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator has a crack (new one just came in today) It was leaking in the upper corner near the battery tray. Remember that as you are driving the leak will spray with airflow. I had antifreeze spraying all the way to my back firewall, all over the rack and pinion, and even on the back of my wheelwell... All from a small pinhole leak. I wouldnt give up on the radiator just yet.

peverheart

Reaction score
I have watched that thing running for 20 minutes after it was hot. Never saw a drop. Still has the leak tho. It is driving me crazy. This Liberty has been nothing but a repair hog since I have owned it.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the timing cover and can be repalced as a whole unit,coolant passes through it as the water pump and t-stat housing are bolted to it.

Sure looks like Tjkj is correct to me. You don't have to run it to pressure test it loan a pressure tester from the auto parts store like Auto zone.