angry....diff lock does not fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello to all.

Big day has arrived-my kj is at the shop-jba 3.5 lift is waiting+no slip diff locker.its a 2006 liberty. open carrier diff cause of the ESP.

now- about the no slip-i got it from a friend with a 2010 grand cherokee wk. still brand new-in the box. same part number as the liberty. chrysler 8/25 with 29 splines.

however-the shop called and said that the locker wont fit. because of the C CLIP. its too big!!!!!!! and wont fit in the locker. sh##.

i dont get it. has anyone had that problem?? any ideas? im asking cause if the C CLIP does not fit- it wont fit any other lockers-and thats a problem....
I dare not put a grinder to any of the parts on the diff. tht's the easy way.but its dangerous.

Obviously-its my bad-i bought the wrong (used) locker-and now i need your help- i need some ebay links for the RIGHT kind of locker- i need a lunchbox locker-lockright. aussie etc. (ebay cause im not a US resident' i cant go to summit racing and buy one off the shelf)

and....if i will buy another diff locker- do i have the same problem?

I do not need an ARB or any other kind of non automatic locker. only automatic lockers-and no LSD- just plain good old automatic locker.

any help will be greatly appreciated with finding the CORRECT ebay links.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better off with the open diff and brake lock over any type of lunch box locker.

The '06 and '07 8.25's are a weird version and many have found nothing fits or works since they removed the tone ring between the carrier and ring gear and the axle shafts are completely different then any other 8.25.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better off with the open diff and brake lock over any type of lunch box locker.

The '06 and '07 8.25's are a weird version and many have found nothing fits or works since they removed the tone ring between the carrier and ring gear and the axle shafts are completely different then any other 8.25.

Hate to jump in here but, does that mean their will be problems when I want to DTT my 07 diffs? Also planning on a 4.10 gear change as well.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well- i have had several rigs- all with lunchbox lockers- i loved it and i like the traction. on many occasions we went wheeling and the ARB rigs had air leaks and stuff. not me.... i never had a liberty so i dont know how the lunchbox locker will react.

thing is - is there a C CLIP that WILL fit? if the jeep WK c clip did fit - should i buy a c clip for a wk?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well- i have had several rigs- all with lunchbox lockers- i loved it and i like the traction. on many occasions we went wheeling and the ARB rigs had air leaks and stuff. not me.... i never had a liberty so i dont know how the lunchbox locker will react.

thing is - is there a C CLIP that WILL fit? if the jeep WK c clip did fit - should i buy a c clip for a wk?

11 years with ARB's and never once had a air leak.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powertrax No-Slip on my '03 and it popped right in - about a 45 minute install.

Based on what tjkj2002 said above yours may be different than mine though I thought the Powertrax was supposed to fit all model year KJ's. If there's a way you can post pics of what your mechanic is talking about maybe we can help.

Bob

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powertrax No-Slip on my '03 and it popped right in - about a 45 minute install.

Based on what tjkj2002 said above yours may be different than mine though I thought the Powertrax was supposed to fit all model year KJ's. If there's a way you can post pics of what your mechanic is talking about maybe we can help.

Bob

How do you like the Powertrax No-Slip. Thinking about installing some type of LSD or locker on my 02.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bob

first of all- thanx 4 the help.
second- cant post pics- but this :
ב. ינוביץ - ×קטיב ספייסר נעילה דנה 60
is the part inside the diff (well.this is not a jeep diff- but im trying to make a point)- that the c clip is just a bit too wide for. the c clip will not fit that - cause its just a bit too wide

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way - i found some material about this problem - but very little.......i guess few PPL fit lockers to a liberty. but the problem-so it seems- can be found on any 2006 - 2007 liberty.

Because english is not my native tongue- i dont want to make stupid mistakes while trying to explain the issue- but this guy explained it really well he had the same problem with a detroit locker- and someone said they had the SAME problem with the c clip on a lockright - check this out: i thing they had the same problem

http://jeeptalk.net/index.php?showtopic=12540

Last edited: