And then it rained...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had my road rage get bad enough that I would put myself at that much risk, too many things could happen to me, or my KJ, esp. when you are dealing with a big truck like that. I guess there is some incident somewhere that would make me react like that, but I cannot think of it right now. I have a hard enough time avoiding incidents that might damage my KJ without causing them myself. But that is just my two cents.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, i dont believe i would acutally do that, i might wave at him as i went by, but that would be the most of it, but i must say that when someone gets on my butt when im not going slow, i do get very very mad, i have hit my brakes there before, but if i am going slow, then i dont get mad. i just always wonder what they would say if i had to stop really fast and they hit me.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
lol, i dont believe i would acutally do that, i might wave at him as i went by, but that would be the most of it, but i must say that when someone gets on my butt when im not going slow, i do get very very mad, i have hit my brakes there before, but if i am going slow, then i dont get mad. i just always wonder what they would say if i had to stop really fast and they hit me.

yep a big pet peeve of mine as well.
cant stand someone tailgating even if your going a lil above speed limit.

a few weeks ago, this **** in a lexus was doing just that, i was going maybe 3 mph above the limit, but hes really close, to a point where i cant even see his headlights on my rearview. so then i lifted off, and slowed down to about 40, now any normal person would just go ahead and pass, no, he was still up on my ass, hit my brakes just so my lights would go on, still he's up on my ass, then i floored it, thats when he decided to change. lo and behold he went right back behind me. i just said to hell with it, and drove as i would normally. he eventually exited 3 miles laters....

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone wants to ride me, I just slow down even more. [-X I had some BMW SUV do that to me during the last snow storm. Roads are snow covered, live a little (and I hope that you end up in a ditch).

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:

The best opportunity to do a brake check is when ya got a tailgater. I have to keep in mind this law though, In North Carolina, if you rear end somebody, doesn't matter what happened, you are automatically at fault. I could cut somebody off and slam on the brakes in the middle of the highway so they rear ended me, and it would clearly be my fault. But the dude who hit me would be charged and have to pay for all the damages. That has to be the stupidest rule in all of N.C. Don't know how it is anywhere else.

It steams me as well that when i'm runnin over the limit and they still tailgate me. I don't try to speed, but rather keep up with the flow of traffic (unless there's a cop around, cause then Murphy's law kicks in..LOL)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rule #1: Don't drive slow or just the speed limit in the passing lane. It is for PASSING! MOVE yer ass over!
Rule #2: Speed up and move over and resume your speed when passing someone. Especially when passing an 18-wheeler. I really hate the truckers when they are passing another trucker. They go so damn slow passing another. I think it is intentional because I know they will speed up at other times but not when passing each other. Why? to piss us drivers off?
Rule #3: When in the PASSING lane, if someone is coming up behind you and (obviously) driving faster than you, move your ass over as soon as safely possible. Why stay in the PASSING lane and slow them down when you are NOT PASSING someone.

If you are someone that intentionally stays in the passing lane and drive the speed limit so you can force others to drive the speed limit, you deserve to be road raged.

All of this is assumed that there are no traffic jams, road construction, and no immediate polic/sheriff/state trooper ahead/behind/overhead/beside....LOL!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Rule #1: Don't drive slow or just the speed limit in the passing lane. It is for PASSING! MOVE yer ass over!
Rule #2: Speed up and move over and resume your speed when passing someone. Especially when passing an 18-wheeler. I really hate the truckers when they are passing another trucker. They go so damn slow passing another. I think it is intentional because I know they will speed up at other times but not when passing each other. Why? to piss us drivers off?
Rule #3: When in the PASSING lane, if someone is coming up behind you and (obviously) driving faster than you, move your ass over as soon as safely possible. Why stay in the PASSING lane and slow them down when you are NOT PASSING someone.

If you are someone that intentionally stays in the passing lane and drive the speed limit so you can force others to drive the speed limit, you deserve to be road raged.

All of this is assumed that there are no traffic jams, road construction, and no immediate polic/sheriff/state trooper ahead/behind/overhead/beside....LOL!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

yeh......friggin left lane riders. cruizn on the left lane at speed limit on CRUISE CONTROL!!! it makes us normal drivers have to drive around them, hence making us a bit more aggressive hence making us easier targets cuz we are going a lil faster than we want to cuz we had to go around the slow ass on the passing lane.
and i hate the ones that pass 18 wheelers like they have all year to do it.
I try to pass them ASAP. u dont know what's going to be coming off of the m trailers, tire ply's, loose nuts, something stuck in their tires....
seen one too many incidents....
one trip up to canada, this one trucks cargo (steel drums, i think empty) started jettisoning from it's hold.....was THAT fun!.....

2003KJ

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

We need more drivers like you around here...LOL

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree not to hang out in the left lane if someone wants by you. But around me, traffic is usually heavy on the local interstates. I have had drivers come up on me at times and ride me (although less with my KJ over my Honda). In front of me are a half dozen other cars. I say live a little.

Near my house is a "dog leg" that mergers from two lanes to one lane, and then onto another interstate. A lot of times I'll see drivers fly around people in the left lane (and even when the left lane ends) to get in front of a car, or even an 18 wheeler. That 18 wheeler will brake for you! Not only is this rude, but dangerous. Just yesterday I saw a Trail Blazer that lost control doing this (due to snow on the side in this very spot) and ended up spun off the side. Now he needed a tow truck. I pointed and laughed.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You hit another sore spot. Those people driving along in the middle turn lane just so they can squeeze in after passing a bunch of cars or those that use the shoulder to do it. I say shoot their tires out or let the truckers have their way with them. Same goes for those that try to squeeze every ounce of road to get past one or more cars when lanes merge.

Inconsiderates that won't move over to the passing lane when you are merging from an on-ramp and they have the room to move over. Then the person trying to merge onto the highway from an on-ramp that slows down to merge! You have to speed up to get on, not slow down! Becomes impossible or very dangerous to merge when slowing down.

2003KJ

Reaction score
ya know, I deal with the same every day.....gee I was beginning to think it was just my area the didn't know how to drive..LOL!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
jeepjeepster said:

The best opportunity to do a brake check is when ya got a tailgater. I have to keep in mind this law though, In North Carolina, if you rear end somebody, doesn't matter what happened, you are automatically at fault. I could cut somebody off and slam on the brakes in the middle of the highway so they rear ended me, and it would clearly be my fault. But the dude who hit me would be charged and have to pay for all the damages. That has to be the stupidest rule in all of N.C. Don't know how it is anywhere else.

It steams me as well that when i'm runnin over the limit and they still tailgate me. I don't try to speed, but rather keep up with the flow of traffic (unless there's a cop around, cause then Murphy's law kicks in..LOL)

Same in TX, If you rearend someone its your fault. Sux, but its true.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Great way to screw the insurance company, do a swoop and stop (swerve infront of somebody and stop for no reason so they hit you, and collect the money).

Of course, you're pretty much gaurnteed to go to hell afterwards, but hey, if you're that cruel to do it in the first place, who cares!...lol

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More things that get to me, when its raining, and ppl pass you, then act like they have to get over as soon as they can and then u cant see anything, its even worse with 18 wheelers.

And a funny thing i have done before, is when in the slow lane and no one is around but the guy on my butt, ill get in the passing lane and slow down, then get right behind him like he was doing me. They dont know what to do then!! \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
More things that get to me, when its raining, and ppl pass you, then act like they have to get over as soon as they can and then u cant see anything, its even worse with 18 wheelers.

And a funny thing i have done before, is when in the slow lane and no one is around but the guy on my butt, ill get in the passing lane and slow down, then get right behind him like he was doing me. They dont know what to do then!! \:D/

LOL That is MOST fun to do. It really does freak them out.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just push the brake pedal enough to activate the lights before it activates the brakes...keep doing that again and again and they will back off and the ones that don't, let them go around, they are nut balls!

Latest posts

Members online