And then it rained...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some mud on my KJ that I finally washed off to get ready for winter. She's so pretty! :-W
Then it rained today...

You must be registered for see images

[/url]

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you gotta hate that. If I want it to rain, I wash the Jeep. I like your color as well. =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents (on the color). I was originally looking for the Patriot Blue, but as well ABS. ABS was hard to find. I went back to the original dealer that I first looked, and the salesman pulled this one up for us to look at, as being their only Limited with ABS. My wife and I didn't like the color as much at first, but now we love it. It matches the wife's eyes.

Yes, it rained today, but it's still pretty clean. One thing that I notice is that the inside door jams have to be cleaned as well each time, especially on the rear doors. It's easy to brush them while getting in and out. But do I ever love this KJ. I couldn't be happier.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Very clean and I like that color! I haven't seen my KJ that clean, since last June. Lately its been covered in mud, from a recent encounter :-W . I kinda like the mud look in way, but they do clean up very nicely!! I think I'm going to have to get mine all cleaned up again.

Bennett

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bennett.

My secret to a great shine and easy to clean... I use Rejex to keep her looking so shinny! Bugs in the summer just wipe right off. It works better then wax.

2003KJ

Reaction score
That was probably going to be my second choice in color when I bought mine. Followed by Black.

Nothin makes me angrier (sp?) than to have it rain right after I wash mine as well. Afterwards I'll look up and see the rain cloud starting to form, so I throw the jeep back into the garage and the cloud goes away....imagine that.

I'm a neat freak when i wash mine. I will go out of my way to avoid a puddle on the road, so the wash stays PERFECT, of course \:D/

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I'm a neat freak when i wash mine. I will go out of my way to avoid a puddle on the road, so the wash stays PERFECT, of course \:D/

I know what you mean. Someday I'm going to have a Sunday car that I can baby. But the KJ is a Jeep! Snow! Snow! Snow! \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
well now, snow, thats another thing....just hate the salt that comes from the stupid trucks. I REALLY hate the brine (liquid salt) they spra on the highways. It is SUPPOSED to keep the snow/ice/winter snot from sticking to the major highways, even when there is no traffic on them. It doesn't work! And it costs double the price of regular salt!!! Biggest waste of my tax $$$
I'll never forget last year I was about to pass one of those slow moving city dump trucks on the highway and he just opened up the sprayers as I was RIGHT BEHIND HIM. Cover the ENTIRE KJ in liquid salt. My face looked like this as I drove by laying on the Horn :angry5:

I was SO ready to drive downtown to the city DOT and just give em en ear full. They are supposed to cut their caution lights on before they open up the sprayers, so that we know to back off. No lights, no nothing! They're damn lucky I got it off! It was everywhere, all up in the engine, underneath, all over the paint, GRRRR!!!

On another note, calling for the first snow of the year down here this weekend \:D/ Perhaps it's that time of year to go do some doughnuts in the school parking lot behind my house??? :-k Can't wait to show my neighbor what his KJ can do \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that I would have blown a gasket if I had that crap sprayed alll over my KJ. You showed more restraint than I would have.... =D>

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well, I went to the laswerwash and payed for the most expensive one, then went to a do it yourself one and washed it that way, then went home and hand washed it. I was pissed!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how often cities have to replace salt trucks?

There is nothing worse the getting behind a salt truck. Pure evil! :-({|=

2003KJ

Reaction score
I would imagine often. Cause after winter they just take the plows off and use them for haulin just about anything.

They are evil!

Here's how I see it. The salt doesn't really work that well at all when you put it down before it snows. I say, wait for the snow to stop, then put the salt and sand down on TOP of the snow, to aid in traction and the melting process. I'd prefer they didn't put anything down, i'm like a kid who wants a snow day, they should just let it melt by itself...LOL

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I would imagine often. Cause after winter they just take the plows off and use them for haulin just about anything.

They are evil!

Here's how I see it. The salt doesn't really work that well at all when you put it down before it snows. I say, wait for the snow to stop, then put the salt and sand down on TOP of the snow, to aid in traction and the melting process. I'd prefer they didn't put anything down, i'm like a kid who wants a snow day, they should just let it melt by itself...LOL

Well said, I like it when we get the rare snow day here, I would hate it if they caused the snow to melt faster, when it does snow.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Where in Texas are ya? I know Amarillo is about the same latitude (distance from bottom to top, never could get those two right) that my area of NC is, and they get about as much snow a year as we do (except right now they're WELL ahead of us).

I'm soo tempted to take a trip to the mountains sunday and mess around in the snow, but I REALLY can't afford the gas, but it would be alot of fun.....too many choices ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

They are evil!

In my home town in Colorado, the city just puts down sand. It was a mess afterwards, but worked fine. They talked about going to salt, but the citizens said no way!

Now here in Indiana, if they didn't put anything down, snow wouldn't melt until March with the cold wind that we have in the winter. My front street can be iced up for a good month since it doesn't get salt (which is fine with me).

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Where in Texas are ya? I know Amarillo is about the same latitude (distance from bottom to top, never could get those two right) that my area of NC is, and they get about as much snow a year as we do (except right now they're WELL ahead of us).

I'm soo tempted to take a trip to the mountains sunday and mess around in the snow, but I REALLY can't afford the gas, but it would be alot of fun.....too many choices ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I live a good deal south of Amarillo and it doesn't snow much here. Maybe once or twice a year....on a good year if ya like that sort of thing.... :alien:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if a salt truck did that to me, i would get infront of him and lock it up then floor it and watch him have a good time getting that big truck under control!! then i would do it again and again!!

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
if a salt truck did that to me, i would get infront of him and lock it up then floor it and watch him have a good time getting that big truck under control!! then i would do it again and again!!

Well I didn't for 3 reasons.

1 - It was around christmas time, I try to be friendly (er) around X-mas, something about the holiday puts me in a good mood.

2 - That would absolutely KILL my brakes, and I don't want that.

3 - I have some road rage, but not that much.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.