Amp Placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
I've read the the forms a lot in the past 2 days (just got my KJ last Saturday and took it up to Ottawa for it's first trip the next day). I'm working on putting my Car Stereo into this KJ but having some difficulties deciding where to put the amp. Amp Dimensions: 12" x 2-3/8" x 6-1/8".

Tried the Obvious -
- Under rear seat, it's too big to fit in dip, and if I lay it flat it sticks out too much.
- Don't particularly want to attach it to the sub, since wife wants it easy to remove, and having to remove the power lines are a bit hard.
- Checked behind back panels, didn't pull it all out but looked like a lot of insulation in there.

Only real option I can see is under drivers side seat. Any other thoughts?

Cheers.

scarecrow

Reaction score
i had a friend that took a piece of plywood, cut it to fit, and put it where the cargo cover goes. he even bought some of the factory carpet to make it match. it basically became a permanent shelf. the sub slid under it. would cost a few bucks in wood, carpet, etc., but looked really sharp when it was done.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how i mounted my Amp (OLD & NEW)
You must be registered for see images attach

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got the amp mounted under the driver's side rear seat. I don't have a pic, but could post one if needed.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
Yeah.. My Wife wants the Sub to be removeable if we need to - Like we ever did in the 'Trepid - So I have to mount the Amp in a way that it's either removeable with the sub (AKA, would need to build a power connector) or it looks like it's going under the drivers seat... I'm planning on upgrading to the power seats later.. any idea how much room there is going to be?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Under the drivers seat with a custom mount.

If you get power seats there really isn't going to be much if any room under the front seats for an amp. Mine barely fits.

Bennett

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey billforde, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you like that bazooka tube, i've been thinking about picking one up, but i'm just not sure yet. Sound quality and power are both important to me, but i just don't have the budget right now.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SavageSS27 said:
Hey billforde, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you like that bazooka tube, i've been thinking about picking one up, but i'm just not sure yet. Sound quality and power are both important to me, but i just don't have the budget right now.
I love my bazooka. It provides more than enough base for my taste. I have the 8" 100W version. I may upgrade to the 200W version, but thats more for bragging rights. O:)

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how you do it and keep cargo room. This is the rack from All J Products

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a new place to mount an amp O:)

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CoolAcid said:
Going to mount the TV in the rear too?

\:D/
Now that would be silly O:) I already have a screen in the front, and one for the back passenger, third one would be such over kill (whistle)
Not like 8 (10 if you consider the tweeters as speakers) speakers in a jeep is over kill.