AL's OEM spec A-arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should just call JBA with this question... but this ball joint issue has got me by the balls:lazer:

My passenger side UBJ is shot.
Just got off the phone with the local Jeep dealer.
Tried to use the recall part# again for the UCAs. Didn't work, he asked for my VIN and said it wasn't part of that recall. Tried to bargain with him, but So a new UCA, $268; BUT he said they were on back order, "There are 157 on back-order, I can't even give you an idea of when we could get one in."
Checked a few places on-line and most want around $350-400 for a UCA.

I just spent $1200 for new timing system less than a month ago.
125k on the Jeep.
Will need exhaust soon,
I'd like to say "F - it" and just do an Ironman lift with Al's 4.5s, bumpstops, tires, etc. Total cost ~$2k. Financially, this would be a stretch right now.

My "sensible" plan is to order Al's OEM spec. UCAs, get a lifetime warranty and replaceable BJs. This would get me back up and running the quickest, BUT... would it limit any future plans?

Would the "normal" Al's A-arms for unlifted KJs still be usable if I lift in the future, as long as I don't go too high?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Don since so many have swapped out the OEM upper A Arms- for JBA4.5's there must be lots of the OEM's out there to be had for cheap?
Check in with Tom/Troy..they might have a few kicking around
or even place an add under wanted in here..this would get u by until u do want to lift it and get the JBA lifted upper a-arms...
Just a thought...Hope this helps..

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if JBA still does it but they may still have a trade up plan,buy the stock spec JBA's and later when you want to lift you can pay a little and trade the stock spec arms for lifted ones.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent ya a pm on a possibility

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!