Als Long Arms for use in SFA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'd work but don't weld the mounts on till you SFA or you will have to cut off the mounts and move them back for the extra lift needed.There are much better ones out there to allow more flex as the JBA ones,they will limit flex having rubber bushings on both ends,not to mention all the extra stress placed on the mounts from running rubber bushings on both ends.

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I should add that I'm more concerned with strength and longevity than pure performance as this is my DD. Could you recommend a rear long arm upgrade kit that could be bolted in for now, until I'm ready to do the front?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I should add that I'm more concerned with strength and longevity than pure performance as this is my DD. Could you recommend a rear long arm upgrade kit that could be bolted in for now, until I'm ready to do the front?
It's all going to be custom eitherway and will require more maintenance.I daily drive mine.Most use long arms sourced from a TJ long arm kit,that is what mine are(all the arms,front and rear).The big issue is that the hieght difference between a IFS KJ and a SFA KJ will require the rear long arms to be mounted father back when you SFA then on a IFS KJ.I'd wait till you are ready to do the whole swap.

You got alot of choices like Currie,Rubicon Express,Clayton,and there are many,many more but you want a Currie Jonny Joint(there are many copies but the actual Curries are the best) or some type of super flex joint on the frame end with a rubber/poly bushing on the axle end.

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm waiting then. I've followed enough successful and "questionably successful" builds on LOST and the rest of the web to know this has to be done right. Thanks for the advice and info