AllGood News Window Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rallycom

Reaction score
Hi All

Just got a phone call from Jeep customer service......the long & short of it is that they are extending the warranty on all windows in 2006 KJ's.

Better yet they are reimbursing me for the repair I had done in 2/2010, should receive the check early December.

I'm sure more details are out or will be soon........but look forward to an early Christmas present from Jeep.

Glad to see they have stepped to own the problem that has plagued KJ owners for a long time

Rich, N2ZKX

Last edited:

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just got a phone call from Jeep customer service......the long & short of it is that they are extending the warranty on all windows in 2006 KJ's.

Better yet they are reimbursing me for the repair I had done in 2/2010, should receive the check early December.

I'm sure more details are out or will be soon........but look forward to an early Christmas present from Jeep.

Glad to see they have stepped to own the problem that has plagued KJ owners for a long time

Rich, N2ZKX

I'd be more excited about it if they'd do that AND use a redesigned, more well made part. If they're using their original parts it's only a temporary fix at best.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish they'd do the same for the 2007 - < 20k miles later, the driver's side regulator is about to shit the bed again. Asshats.

rallycom

Reaction score
I'll check on that

Wish they'd do the same for the 2007 .

You know other years may be included.......I'll try to check on that.

I was just so surprised by the call I didn't ask as many questions as I should have.

Rich, N2ZKX
Black '06 KJ Sport (work in progress, 86,000 mi. almost broken in)

gnp.hiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Chrysler to cover the replacement on our 2002 5th regulator failure. Others done under warranty.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I know these window regulators are pieces of crap, I've had one fail on me too, but what the heck are you guys doing to them ( lol3.gif ) to have them fail several times? :)

gnp.hiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know these window regulators are pieces of crap, I've had one fail on me too, but what the heck are you guys doing to them ( lol3.gif ) to have them fail several times? :)

LOL ... that's just it nothing. They are the back window regulators. Total piece of junk. We'be had enough issues that very well will make us look at other brands before considering Jeep again.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2........................

9 years and my KJ still has all 4 original window regulators,and they all get used alot due to me being a smoker and never use AC.

Oh and don't give me that not using them breaks them as my KJ spent 2 years in storage(two 1 year deployments),so that is a mute point there.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

9 years and my KJ still has all 4 original window regulators,and they all get used alot due to me being a smoker and never use AC.

Oh and don't give me that not using them breaks them as my KJ spent 2 years in storage(two 1 year deployments),so that is a mute point there.

x3, I also have an 02, all 4 orignials, but unlike tjkj my windows don't get used much at all, due to living in southern Ga for awhile where it was always hot

now it will one will fail next week since I posted

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

with you being in the auto repair business you yourself should know that a problem isn't gonna effect EVERY vehicle. some will encounter the problem some will not. for me its the same with computers, i can build 10 rigs with the exact same specs, and load the exact same software and have 1 or 2 encounter an issue. So no offense but i think that being you have had yours for 9 years and you didn't encounter a problem is a mute point. again no offense bro

correct my if im wrong, but did i read that the biggest years for failures were the 05-06 models

on a personal note, you said you were deployed for two years,? THANKS FOR SERVING much respect

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The biggest years for failures is '06 and '07. '05 is good. My regulator failure was with an '06, Driver's FRONT window.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Rich, N2ZKX
ok, I'm the second owner of my 06. My window failed about 8 months ago. My Warranty didn't even cover them figuring out what was wrong. I had to pay them $90 just for them to tell me it would cost about $300 to have them fix it (this was a while ago so I might not remember the prices properly). What do I need to do? Call dealer and say I heard about this on a message board? No offence but I think that will evoke a laugh. Is there anything on the web about this? I will be calling them anyway, I can take a little laughter, just would like to have more to go on. Suggestions?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I'm the second owner of my 06. My window failed about 8 months ago. My Warranty didn't even cover them figuring out what was wrong. I had to pay them $90 just for them to tell me it would cost about $300 to have them fix it (this was a while ago so I might not remember the prices properly). What do I need to do? Call dealer and say I heard about this on a message board? No offence but I think that will evoke a laugh. Is there anything on the web about this? I will be calling them anyway, I can take a little laughter, just would like to have more to go on. Suggestions?
Most likely does not apply to the 2nd and later owners as most extended warranty's have that rule.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is this a common problem with the kj's ?
my drivers side rear window goes down fine but is difficult to get back up.
I have to work it up and down a few times to get it to work . sounds like something is binding or slipping. it jerks and shudders when I try to close it.

gnp.hiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is this a common problem with the kj's ?
my drivers side rear window goes down fine but is difficult to get back up.
I have to work it up and down a few times to get it to work . sounds like something is binding or slipping. it jerks and shudders when I try to close it.

Yes its very known and the dealers even know it. They just don't advertise it.