All season tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoboloko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need new one's, any recommendations? Just stock 16" for city driving, don't want or need anything bulkier, I don't do off-road. Just the standard Goodyear Wrangler's?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for all season tires, i'm a pretty big fan of michelin ltx m/s style tires, they tend to ride good and if you do encounter inclement weather they do pretty well with that - and they wear well. the wrangler sr-a tire in that category, however, is an awful tire all around. I had a set of dextero A/P's (cheap chineese knockoffs of the LTX M/S made by cooper i think) - they were good tires, just not heavy enough of a tire to deal with the fact i was running a few hundred lbs of steel bumpers and skids, ignoring that they were good tires and i wish i had kept them as a spare set rather than giving them away when i moved up to heavier sidewalled tires. I have a set of Kumho Crugens on the crv that replaced a set of continental crosscontacts that had to have been the worst chunking set of tires ive ever owned, they chunked off like pencil eraser sized pieces. Mastercraft also makes a courser AXT in 235/75 that a buddy of mine has on his toyota and they ride very nice but still seem ready for bad weather. the AXT is basically the same style LTX design with the lugs straifed at an angle. I think if i were to buy a stock set of tires i'd probably lean pretty heavily toward the AXT , that would be my suggestion for an "All Season" street tire

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Grabber AT2's, 235/70R16's. Were awesome, even driving across the LIE in 2' of snow ahead of the plows.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Stock tires Wrangler SRA or ST (better known as S--T) offer a dangerous all slip radial...
They are good though as a..
58661[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The Jeep is a heavier SUV and always I would recommend an AT (all terrain ) tire.
When it comes to all season radials, choose carefully. Look for a snowflake rated all season, and look for a thick sidewall.
Not something that is going to pop the first time you hit a curb.
I run Michelin Destiny on the sedan and the newer ones are called Defender.
On the Jeep I run an AT -kevlar GY wrangler Silent Armors.
New ones are called Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar.
Cheap tires offer questionable safety, after all it is what steers and grips the road.

Attachments

• Tire%20Swing%20Lady_1.gif
    Tire%20Swing%20Lady_1.gif
    342.2 KB · Views: 0

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Hankook DynaPro ATMs on mine. It does better in the winter weather than even many dedicated winter/snow tires I've tried in the past.
Deep snow, roads covered in hard-packed snow, black ice... no issues whatsoever.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind a little road noise the wrangler duratracs rock on anything mother nature throws at ya.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Yokohama - would need to double check which exact model. I've detailed them before, but in short, one of the best tires I have owned. AMAZING around ton, rain snow, even sand (OBX). I was 200% surprised as how good they are. Only issue is 30 or 40 K and now a more noisy that I hoped.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Hancook Dynapro ATMs on mine. Not all that noisy and they work great in the snow. I have had them for about a year now and they are doing great.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
From various other forums
Wild Country XTX Sport and Hercules Terra Trac AT2 are among the best AT tires
Wild Country and Herc AT2 are low price and excellent tires
Cooper AT3 and Cooper ATW are medium price and excellent tires as well

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running Maxxis all terrains (although mine are the more aggressive end of the all terrain scale). Im very happy with them. Theyre a good price, tough side walls and perform really well off road. They are noisy on the black stuff, though.