Aftermarket UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just another newbie, but I'm here to stay so bear with me!

I am rebuilding my 2002 limited KJ.

It has almost 200k (196k) miles

I need new shocks and struts anyway so I am buying a frankenlift with OME shocks.

I need new Upper ball joints.

What are the bennefits of the aftermarket Al Jeeps red control arms?

Are there any other options?

Thanks guys!

Love the forum so far!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Al's arms are a bit longer than stock, making it possible to align the front after a lift and letting the arm flex without contacting the steering knuckle at full droop.. They also have Moog balljoints with grease fittings so you can add grease (gasp!) to the joint. Rocky Road has an upper control arm on their site, haven't heard of any one running it so no idea how good/bad it may be.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as soon as i get some cash im going to get the rocky road ones. they are a lot cheaper and i like trying new things

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
as soon as i get some cash im going to get the rocky road ones. they are a lot cheaper and i like trying new things

Cheap is good at times , but in this case customer satisfaction and quality of the product far out weighs what you pay for something

If you have a problem JBA does everything he can to make it right , RRO ....well lets just say their customer satisfactions *****

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap is good at times , but in this case customer satisfaction and quality of the product far out weighs what you pay for something

If you have a problem JBA does everything he can to make it right , RRO ....well lets just say their customer satisfactions *****

yup i know all about it and i go into it knowing that, but i got to try out the product

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
yup i know all about it and i go into it knowing that, but i got to try out the product

Hope they work out, it would be nice to get an aftermarket pair, but for now I will go stock again as I am not as high as I want to be. Right now, I don't have any BJ/UCA issues, unless I drop a wheel suddenly without knowing it....then bang! :eek: Kick.gif