Aftermarket Tweeters for 06 KJ.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through the process of upgrading my Stereo. I got Alpine CDE-102 head unit and a pair of Kenwood KFC-1662S in the rear doors. I got another set of Kenwoods coming in for the fronts and all i got left are the Dash tweeters.
The tweeters have been crackling a little bit for some time now..

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything High end but something just better than the stocks. I'm not even sure of the exact size of the tweeters. I did a quick search on bestbuy.com for "compatible speakers" and that wasn't much help. Also, would after market tweeters just drop in place or would I need adapters?

My KJ does not have a premium system by the way.

Thanks.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through the process of upgrading my Stereo. I got Alpine CDE-102 head unit and a pair of Kenwood KFC-1662S in the rear doors. I got another set of Kenwoods coming in for the fronts and all i got left are the Dash tweeters.

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything High end but something just better than the stocks. I'm not even sure of the exact size of the tweeters. I did a quick search on bestbuy.com for "compatible speakers" and that wasn't much help. Also, would after market tweeters just drop in place or would I need adapters?

Thanks.

I would just get kenwood components. I have alpine components and they work great. You may need to get a bit creative or get some adapters to fit the new tweeters in, but really that's the best option. I've seen adapters on ebay for our tweeter holes.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my Alpine gear. I just drilled out the tweeter grill in the dash panel. Then surface mounted the tweeters after pulling out the stockers.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add to this but am curious to see the options people come up with. I have no money at all right now to upgrade my sound more, apparently you have to have a job to keep getting paychecks.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had lots of different speakers and they all usually come with 1" tweeters, thats if you get a set of components. But you should be able to find some cheap tweeters on their own online, the 1" ones popped right in.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

everywhere says the speakers up there are 3.5"s but really you need a very tight fitting speakers with small depth. Rockford Fosgate makes a good size speaker, but i would honestly go with a component set or just buy another set of tweeters with a crossover for them.

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Punch P132 3.5-Inch Full Range Coaxial Speakers: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S Tweeter Kit: Electronics

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also they are not tweeters they are full range speakers there is no crossover wired to them.

Latest posts

Members online