Aftermarket Rubicon wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are cast reproductions of MOABs, Moabs are forged and stronger. Similar situation to running the Mamba MR-1 that i have, also cast.
3144-label.jpg

There is no mention of backspacing or offset, Should be 5 inches and 13mm respectively.

If they are the exact size they will fit if you have 3 inches of lift.

If your not lifted then no. If you can hold out for real MOAB's then i would do that.

I'm also assuming you have a KJ based on your avatar and not a KK as i have no experience with those.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like moabs but I really like the lookk/color of my freedom edition wheels. Although.... those Mamba look awesome! Do you have any pictures with them on the jeep?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like moabs but I really like the lookk/color of my freedom edition wheels. Although.... those Mamba look awesome! Do you have any pictures with them on the jeep?

Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country - Cardhu's Album: Phase 2

unboxing, measurements, colour, etc.

I got tired of waiting for a set of moabs to pop up and was very tired of my 17 inch chrome and their backspacing and GY HP's. Would still rather have the moabs. I don't rock crawl in boggy Manitoba, just rip through snow banks and tow the iceshack around the lake. Haven't buggered one up yet but so far they seem fine so my concerns about forged for my needs are minimal, experience elsewhere may differ.

Also very few accurate pictures of what the gunmetal looks like on the interwebs. On mamba's website it almost looks black, same story on tirerack and quadratec. Also available in silver and black iirc.

the clearance you see on mine is 22 inches hub to fender, 927's with a 0.25 top plate and no clevis on 245 75 16 duratracs, minor rubbing and some on driverside pinch with front push out with heat gun and hammer.

Last edited:

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I'd get them in a heartbeat. The only thing is, they have been discontinued and any searches are turning up nothing....(banghead)

Just my luck.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wait for the real thing
my 2 cents , getting harder to find
but still better
I'm thinking of getting a cutom set of wheels made and retiring mine in the next year or so, going for a different look ( and no not Soft 8s like everyone else LOL

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patiently waiting and looking everyday. :emotions33:

The only thing is, if I get Rubicon wheels, I would paint them in the same color scheme as my freedom edition wheels. If I found the mambas(graphite or machined), I wouldn't have to. :deal: