aftermarket fuel filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yorty2112

Reaction score
I went to the dealer to get a fuel filter for my 05 crd and they wanted $150,plus he said I need a conversion kit because the filter is different now,an additional $30. Does anyone know about other brands that are compatible with my 2.8 liter?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer to get a fuel filter for my 05 crd and they wanted $150,plus he said I need a conversion kit because the filter is different now,an additional $30. Does anyone know about other brands that are compatible with my 2.8 liter?

Go to the CRD section at L.O.S.T Jeeps Offical Web Site - For Jeep Owners they will have all the advice for you and will probably tell you to replace the whole assembly with a Racor one.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ummm, sounds like the parts guy made a not-uncommon mistake - they looked up the price for the entire fuel filter ASSEMBLY - not the fuel filter ELEMENT. Happened to me a couple times. His mention of a "conversion kit" tells me that's exactly what he did - the fuel filter head was changed to eliminate a problem with the fuel heater developing leaks, but still uses the same filter.

WIX makes a replacement filter, should be able to order thru a NAPA or Oreilly's auto parts store.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Racor filters are available in 2 micron rating. The OEM or Wix is 10 micron.
The 2 micron will help your injectors last the life of the engine.
Something to keep in mind if you are not a trade it in after a few years type of guy.

What I did:
You must be registered for see images attach

More pics: Mopar to Racor fuel filter kit pictures by darkwaterliquor - Photobucket