Aftermarket front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I wish I could count how many times I've been teased by that bumper in the past 3 years ... lmao
:D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the few known to mankind
03CDKJ's you may catch him in NC somewhere these days
What a friggin' nightmare to install
If they still made them and someone asked me to bolt it on I'd refuse
:happy175: or charge 10 hours labor :happy175::happy175::happy175:
You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
They are by far one of the nicer looking front bumpers I've come across... but the way that guy ran his business, I would probably never buy one.

They are pretty though...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They were OK
I guess they look OK
but was never impressed guess you have to look closely

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sundance bumper was a beautiful looking thing - from the photos, it was probably (to me) the nicest looking of the options, but the guy made a few and then something went wrong and it (basically) folded. I think the problem was that he was making them in his spare time using (as I recall) facilities at his workplace, and it took rather more time, effort and commitment than he realised and he simply couldn't manage it. Shame, because I spoke to him a couple of times and he seemed a really nice and genuine person.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The Liberty is a small market here in North America for aftermarket parts and as a result there is not to much demand for those parts in comparison to other Jeep models.
There are allot of lookie lou's who talk out of the side of their necks!
But when push comes to shove it's all talk and they don't put their money where their mouth is.
People do not relize how much it costs to "Tool up" to make specific one vehicle model parts and or accessories...
Hence the small specialty KJ parts companies go out of business!

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Liberty is a small market here in North America for aftermarket parts and as a result there is not to much demand for those parts in comparison to other Jeep models.
There are allot of lookie lou's who talk out of the side of their necks!
But when push comes to shove it's all talk and they don't put their money where their mouth is.
People do not relize how much it costs to "Tool up" to make specific one vehicle model parts and or accessories...
Hence the small specialty KJ parts companies go out of business!

I dono what a Lookie Lou is. But I agree. Many companies who are into aftermarket parts and have made parts in the past for the Liby have stopped, and they had the tooling.. Good example is the JBA Headers. I fuuukd the gasket and called them and ask "Can I buy.." they said um we dont make them anymore. I said what can I do..

Lastly in the 9 years of production they are on the 3rd generation. Why some things may work for all models, few do.. So that complicates aftermarket production. 2002-2004, 2005-2007, 2008-now

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my ARB but I think if I could have any front bumper it would be the TJM:

You must be registered for see images

and for the rear the Trail ready:

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look a blue lake off road.com they make bumper for the kj

I agree that it is nice that people are doing something but that front bumper reminds me of the british guy on family guy.