after researching, whats so bad about RRO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking back through the forums and noticed there is a lot of bashing on RRO. Either the customer service or just dislike for the company.

I was just curious on the products them selves. Are the products as bad as the customer service? I noticed that they use their own shocks and rears springs, does any one know what they are and the quality of them? For the price of the deluxe kit, and all that's included seems like such a great deal!

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone has the kit or other kits chime in also and give details :badger_1:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
RRO
well customer service is just above darn poor
they try their best to copy what others have done to sell as their own designs
they sell cheap shocks etc as a kit to unknowing customers thinking they are getting a quality kit
If you look at their price then others ( i.e OME ) its cheaper for a better product
Compare eggs to eggs
Thier OTT spacer lifts have sold more front shocks and UCAs than any other lift out there after causing major failures
and of course its never the fault of their product so its up to you for replacement
They continually cut down other businesses trying to sell their junk
UCAs arms not fitting properly then telling the customers they don't know how to install them right and the list goes on

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their customer service is shit!

When I first started looking for lift kits they couldn't be bothered to return my emails or phone calls.

Had the same issues as Ry. I sent several Emails asking for details and got no response. I called several times to be put on hold forever or get no answer.
When I finally got someone on the phone, it was like I was interupting his nap. He acted like I was asking to date his daughter, talked down to me, and generally acted offended that I would dare ask about his products.

If he were selling shade on the sun, I wouldn't give him a penny for it.:disgust:

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of their business in overseas and their distributors handle the selling. They are not good at person to person selling and have no wish to pursue it. On the plus side, they're a UT business and contribute to our economy.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care if they pump $$$ into the local economy,there pretty stupid when they try and sell you late '80's through early '90's GM fullsize UCA knockout tools when your alignment can't be set right.

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjalign.html

What they don't understand that every single KJ ever built already has the LCA mounting holes elongated and cam bolts/washers installed.That and that knockout is way to small for the LCA mount bolt holes,and the UCA mount holes.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they have zero reviews with the BBB and are not acredited by them so I submitted a report be done.If more poeple also request a report be made for them they may straighten out or close down.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a bad reputation with the Zuk crowd as well, I purchased my first Safari Snorkel from them for my Tracker back in 2002 and it took almost 3 years to get it, I never once got a eta on it and every time I called RRO i was treated like a bill collector and basically got the standard "you will get it when you get it" line from everyone including the owner Glen, Unfortunately I had paid with a check and could not put a stop on it. The guys he had answering the phone back then also had absolutely no 4x4 or even automotive knowledge.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go onto most any forum be it KJs, Zuks, whatever and type in RRO and you'll get pretty much the same answer
They've even pulled pictures of other peoples builds off the web and posted them on their site acting like they built it

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, they are primarily export. Single orders cost them money to process which is probably why they approach them like they do. They'd rather ship palletts and let the distributors handle customer service. Personally, I don't care 'cause I wouldn't put an aftermarket A arm on my schizz and everything else I got from Rock Lizard. They're a part of the UT economy and therefore ok with me. Just sayin'

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm the exception , but I've ordered and installed 3 lifts from them with Zero issues,
2 Cherokee lifts and one for my kj, I had the parts in a week and the installs and directions were simple and strait forward. I'm no saying they are the best out there , but I would order again. I've also run rubicon express, rusty's,BDS, terra flex , full traction and even rough country... Out of thoes id say terra flex was a problem for me....

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the jeepreviews pages that people either gave them one star (for being absolute rubbish) or 5 stars and they were wonderful. It's very odd that there didn't seem (as far as I could tell) to be anything in between. Makes me wonder who is giving out the 5 stars? I also noticed one comment from a fellow in Arizona (with a KJ) that everyone in his area thinks RRO are the best thing out. Curious - especially given the VERY large number of people with bad experiences.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many moons ago I ordered a safari rack for my TJ
From RRO and had no issues
I also ordered some poly spacers for the front of my TJ
Same thing ,got what I ordered

I have also dealt with Rustys and after a little "pushing"
They made it more than right
I would do business again with both

Now I will NEVER pay retail for a Bestop EVER
I have had 3 out of 3 tops from them all have fitment