Advice for Off Roading - Stock 06' KJ CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ FRANKENLIFT

I was looking at that, and it appears this is 2.0-2.5" where as the JBA is only 1.5"? They appear to be the same basically. I'm confused about the conflicting rise results.

Again, the OMEs give you more than 1.5 inches of lift. I thought I posted pictures and amount of height before for you
Frankenlifts are built using OME springs
No conflicting information at all

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like I need the Gas Tank Skid Plate as well, man that's a lot of money for armor :(

Couldn't find the pucks?

This is only a 1.5" lift for this? Is that really worth it?! Tom you had said a total of 3" in front, not sure I've got the right thing in my cart, but I see no other options & JeepinbyAl

I have posted what I do for CRDs and the amount of lift
Done over 35 KJs so far so trust me with what I post :icon_lol:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear they must be using the early 2002 pre-lowered model specs for their baseline lift results. Frankenlift should be giving you in the 3+" lift range. Mine is up 3.25" in front, but with it being an early model, it was really only a 2.25" lift when compared to the later models.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I swear they must be using the early 2002 pre-lowered model specs for their baseline lift results. Frankenlift should be giving you in the 3+" lift range. Mine is up 3.25" in front, but with it being an early model, it was really only a 2.25" lift when compared to the later models.

I've installed a couple of the frankys and all were above 4 inches when first installed and settled in over 3.5 inches
Now on the CRDs could be a little different, but yes their measurements are off for sure

Maddog Murph

Reaction score
When installing this do they need to trim the front bumper, my mechanic is asking me if this needs to be done, or to do this. Doesn't seem like I saw that anywhere, maybe it's wrong?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When installing this do they need to trim the front bumper, my mechanic is asking me if this needs to be done, or to do this. Doesn't seem like I saw that anywhere, maybe it's wrong?

The pinch weld at the rear of the front wheel wells definitely needs pounded flat. The front of the wheel well around the fog light doors will need to be heated up and pushed forward to clear some tires depending on size.

A heat gun and a round object like a 3lb hammer will do the trick ;)

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pinch weld is an easy job really
Heres the way I've done several of them, others have their own way but heat gun, utility knife
stock

then heat area beside the pinch weld, both sides makes it cut like butter

fold the flap up out of the way and think about your worst enemy and start beating the pinch weld over

paint it good after sanding old loose paint off
then fold the plastic back down over and heat it up and flatten it over the area
dark area is just where it was hot from the heat gun, aftyer a few miles can't tell anything was done