Advance Auto Parts/Syn Oil Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just stopped at Advance Auto Parts and they have 2 brands of Full Syn Oil on sale. Buy one - get one free. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic and Q Advanced, so, you would get 2 quarts for $5.78. That's $2.89 a quart for the Pennzoil Synthetic. That's not a bad price if anyone uses it. Regular Castrol GTX was $2.18 a quart.

Just thought I'd mention it if any of you have an Advance close by and use that brand. I'm pretty sure they are nationwide.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
bla, was hopin you were gonna say Castrol Syntec. #-o

Yea, I would have wished the Castrol Syntec was buy one get one, but Pennzoil is a brand name also and same grade.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but gotta say I wouldn't use penz in a engine I was trying to blow up!It's called the mechanics worst nightmare for a reason,just as well shove a couple of candles in your engine since it's wax based.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:
Sorry but gotta say I wouldn't use penz in a engine I was trying to blow up!It's called the mechanics worst nightmare for a reason,just as well shove a couple of candles in your engine since it's wax based.

I don't use it personally, but I wouldn't say that...i used to hear the same thing about Kendall Motor Oil back in the day, about the wax, and i ran an old Mercury Topaz to 175k miles before I sold it, never had any engine work whatsoever done to it, changed it with kendall every 3k....after I sold it, it was driven for at least three more years by two owners, it surely went over 200k miles. I believe the technical term for the "wax" is phenolic resin.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
tjkj2002 said:

I don't use it personally, but I wouldn't say that...i used to hear the same thing about Kendall Motor Oil back in the day, about the wax, and i ran an old Mercury Topaz to 175k miles before I sold it, never had any engine work whatsoever done to it, changed it with kendall every 3k....after I sold it, it was driven for at least three more years by two owners, it surely went over 200k miles. I believe the technical term for the "wax" is phenolic resin.
Sorry if my statement came off as bad,penz is actually a very good oil but being a mechanic you dread tearing apart a engine that has ran penz.The wax build up is everywhere and a real pain to clean,alot of extra work.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:

So that's why there was wicks on the bottles, eh.........just light em up and throw em in, Bubba.............No wonder that Ford with the "Fart Burner" exhaust in the other thread had mega flames comin out of it.......it was the Pennzoil..........hahahaha....j/k

Dave