Adaptive One or NAPA Ultra Premium - Ceramic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I was set on getting the NAPA Ultra Premium - Ceramic Pads, but I started doing a little more research on the Adaptive One pads.

Has anyone had any experience with these? My dad recently put them on his '04 Ram, NAPA guy suggested that those were the ones to go with, and they seem to work well, but I think it is to early to tell.

Is their inner/out pads thing a gimmick, or is it for real? Would you put them up against the Ultra Premiums, or just go with the Ultra Premiums?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powerslot slotted rotors and Adaptive one pads. I'm perfectly happy with them. Had them for a little over a year now and no complaints whatsoever. I haven't done any scientific testing such as 60-0 stopping time/distance, but I've had to brake hard with them a few times and haven't been disappointed.

Also, I wanted premium rotors and pads up front because we have mountains here and on the way down there's a LOT of constant braking. You do engine braking where possible but still...

On the rears I run the NAPA premium rotor (not slotted but a silver color like the powerslots) and the NAPA ceramics. Just swapped those out a couple of months ago.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Adaptive One pads are awesome and blow away the Premium ceramic pads away(hence the high cost),wish they made them for my brake setup(need front pads for a '75 K10).Probably the best pads on the market and I've used alot of different pads(EBC is way overrated,I know I have them on right now and will be swapped out real quick) so I've had alot of experience with many brands.make sure you use the Napa Premium rotors with the Adaptive Pads,they are made to work together.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powerslot slotted rotors and Adaptive one pads. I'm perfectly happy with them. Had them for a little over a year now and no complaints whatsoever. I haven't done any scientific testing such as 60-0 stopping time/distance, but I've had to brake hard with them a few times and haven't been disappointed.

Also, I wanted premium rotors and pads up front because we have mountains here and on the way down there's a LOT of constant braking. You do engine braking where possible but still...

On the rears I run the NAPA premium rotor (not slotted but a silver color like the powerslots) and the NAPA ceramics. Just swapped those out a couple of months ago.
Thanks. Glad to hear that you are happy with them.

Yeah, I try to engine brake as much as possible, but it isn't always possible. We have some steep roads here.

The Adaptive One pads are awesome and blow away the Premium ceramic pads away(hence the high cost),wish they made them for my brake setup(need front pads for a '75 K10).Probably the best pads on the market and I've used alot of different pads(EBC is way overrated,I know I have them on right now and will be swapped out real quick) so I've had alot of experience with many brands.make sure you use the Napa Premium rotors with the Adaptive Pads,they are made to work together.
Very good to know. Thanks for chiming in.

For the Liberty though, the Adaptive on Pads are $6-$8 cheaper per set than the Premium pads on the NAPA website. Even better.

I actually have another thread asking about the NAPA Ultra Premium rotors vs. their Hi-Perf rotors. I was going to purchase one of the two. The Hi-Perf ones have slotts in them, and I think the consensus is that slotts and mud don't mix.

So, I am pretty much set on the Ultra Premium rotors and the Adaptive One pads.

I also hear you on the troubles of finding the correct replacement parts for a vehicle that is made out of multiple vehicles. While mine isn't as extreme as yours, my '67 Mustang has the motor of a '85 Mustang(warmed over), the trans of a '67, the rear axle and driveshaft of a '65 Hi-Po, front spindles of a Granada and a few aftermarket parts. I hate finding the correct parts to fix things sometimes.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited: