ABS sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbobike

Reaction score
Re: 05 Liberty
rt front wheel abs sensor broke off flush with hub. Any one have an idea to remove it ? It appears to be the original sensor as it seems to be "corroded" in place. It's only plastic w/ some wires inside. If I can drill it out....will the drill shavings that fall into the hub cause any problems...or is it time to just buy a new hub ?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far as I know that is not how the kj ABS sensor is. Its all inside of the knuckle.

Could you drill a small hole in it then put a screw in it and yank it out?

cpaine

Reaction score
I need a LF ABS sensor, I have never had such a problem finding a such a simple part! None of the local part stores carry it and most cannot even order it! The dealer can order it, but what a pain! I can't justify replacing a hub thats not bad so I don't want to order one. It looks to me like it is just pressed into the knuckle, is this right? I guess I'll have to remove the knuckle which looks simple enough. Not fun!

turbobike

Reaction score
abs

Well...got the broken sensor out, and replaced with new one. New problem is that the ABS and brake lite are still on but guy at shop says there are no codes being thrown! Not sure where to look next. Any ideas?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...got the broken sensor out, and replaced with new one. New problem is that the ABS and brake lite are still on but guy at shop says there are no codes being thrown! Not sure where to look next. Any ideas?

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset everything??

turbobike

Reaction score
ABS problem

Yup, tried disconnecting battery.......no luck...lites still on. Checked all fuses and they're OK

Latest posts

Members online