ABS sensor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my abs problems began when I removed the steering knuckle to change the lower ball joint and the original abs sensor was frozen in there. I used the wood screw technique to get it out, it was really stuck in there but when i bottomed out the screw it starting coming out. So I eventually installed a standard auto parts sensor and although it might momentarily clear the code the first time I would use the brakes the abs would kick on and the abs and the other lights would all come on after hitting 15 mph or so. So then I bought the mopar sensor, which looks the same, and tried cleaning out the sensor hole with a q tip and made the sensor nice and tight. To my dismay the mopar sensor is doing the same thing! So is my next step a Timkin bearing? My tone ring worked originally so I'm getting frustrated not being able to fix this thing after 2 tries.

Latest posts

Members online